ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Not able to get Biometric Appointment

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

srreddy

Not able to get Biometric Appointment

Post by srreddy » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:58 pm

Hi All,
I have applied for Tier 1 extension for myself and my wife as dependent inside UK during 14th March and recieved the Biometric
notification letter from homeOffice at 2nd April stating that "There is a time period of up to 15 working days to enrol for a
Biometric appointment, otherwise the application may be rejected as invalid." And in the back side of the letter they have listed few
Homeoffice biometric Enrollment centres. I live near to London. When I tried seeing the earliest dates avaliable for all the centres
in UK, the earliest date available is only 28th April and also for that I need to go to Belfast. And all the near centres
(Croydon, IPS Elephant Castle, IPS Brighton) does not have any appointments till end of May.

From the HomeOffice notification letter it clearly states that :
> There is a time period of up to 15 working days to enrol for a
> biometric appointment, otherwise the application may be rejected as
> invalid.

Taking the 15 working days into consideration from 31st March I must apply for Biometrics before 21st April.
And I don't have any slots available whole across UK until 28th April. I have also heard that applications with no dependant can
only go to the PostOffice for Biometric enrollment.

I am in a big confusion. Could you please assist me at the earliest possible how to proceed further to enroll for biometric.

Will there be any refusal because of this ? My visa expires on 30th May. I have urgent plans to travel outside of UK during 20th May.

It would be very helpfuf I get a earliest response on this.

Below are the appointments whole across UK :

Croydon - No appoinments avaliable for till end of May
Glassgow - Earliest appointment avaliable is 10th 11th May
Sheffield - Earliest appoitnment available is 4, 5, 6th May
LiverPool - 5, 6th May
Birmingham - No appoinments avaliable for till end of May
Cardiff - Earliest appoitnment available is 6th
Belfast - Earliest appoitnment available is 28th April
IPS Elephant Castle - No appoinments avaliable for till end of May
IPS Birmigham - Earliest appointment avaliable is 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th May
IPS Derby - Earliest appointment avaliable is 9th, 11th, 12th May
IPS Brighton - No appoinments avaliable for till end of May

Thanks in advance.
Reddy

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:02 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

revanth667

Biometric appointment

Post by revanth667 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:28 pm

U just need to enrol within 15 days. try calling their helpline number 0300 123 8895 and ask for the earliest available slot. cos my friend tried to book it online in feb and it showed dates in mid march. when he called helpline number he got it for 2nd march
Last edited by revanth667 on Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R

srreddy

Post by srreddy » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:32 pm

Ok Thanks.

lokesh

Re: Biometric appointment

Post by lokesh » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:46 pm

revanth667 wrote:U just need to enrol within 15 days. try calling their helpline number 0300 123 8895 and ask for the earliest available slot. cos my friend tried to book it online in feb and it showed dates in mid march. when he called helpline number he got it for 2nd march
I did the same thing but no difference in dates displayed in their system and online registration....so have to settle down with the online registration date i.e 9th May which is 21 working days from the date i recieved the letter :(

Now i have to wait 2 months to know my results and my visa expires on 11th jun 2011...keeping my fingers crossed.....

chavdara
Newly Registered

Post by chavdara » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:05 pm

Hello Reddy,

Any update from your side ?

I too face the similar situation like you.

Thanks,
Raj

Watdahel
Newly Registered

Lets Complain On UKBA Discrimination

Post by Watdahel » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:33 pm

Guys.... I think this is the most stupid thing ever by UKBA. Just imagine for individual application, everything can be done easily. For eg. 5 minutes at the post office, short que for enrolment at the centre. When I call, they asked me to go to Belfast end of May 2011. Are they trying to promote tourism here???

I asked on doing it individually for me and my wife on the same day with 10 minutes difference. The answer is NO.

It is so funny if this kind of thing is happening and yet they have been recently making changes to the rules and regulations of visa for the betterment of everyone??? Haha... I think there are more monkeys than human in the home office including the ministry.

Don't wait... the more of us, the better and hope they will take us more seriously.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... complaint/

jessica_halida

Post by jessica_halida » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:30 am

I am probably being a bit luckier than "sreddy".
I saw his post made on Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:58 pm. I made my appointment on the 4th Apr, and managed to get on the 11th May in Birmingham. It is possibly that someone cancelled their slot and hence instead of having to wait until end of May, I get mid may appt.