ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 Extension + Less Than 1 year Stay in UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Praveen4u_ts
Newly Registered

Tier1 Extension + Less Than 1 year Stay in UK

Post by Praveen4u_ts » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:22 pm

I am planning to apply for Tier 1 extension in person. I have entered uk with 11 months+ validity. My visa expires in sep 2011.

I would be meeting my point by june and would like to apply for my extension. I have got couple of doubts.

1. is it mandatory to stay in uk for 12 months before you go for renewal?
2. is it mandatory to submit 12 months UK bank statements incase if you are going for renewal in 9 or 10 months of entry(late entry to uk, enterd with less than 1 year validity).

3.If you want to book appointment to apply in person how early we can book an appointment

Other info:
Currently in UK
Tier 1 expires in Mid 2011
I have enough points required for extension.

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:22 pm

1. No.
2. Bank statements should cover the period for which earning points are being claimed (so not necessarily 12 months). Reading the policy guidance should help.
3. Appointments are available only for six weeks from the search date. With that in mind, book whenever you wish to.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!