ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

current on PSW, what will happend next?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

manchi_boi
BANNED

current on PSW, what will happend next?

Post by manchi_boi » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:17 pm

hi everyone;

i am currently on PSW, which will expire by 2013, i have few question to ask,
1- what will be the best route for me to extend my visa from psw to other catagories tier2 or tier1

2- will HSMP exists at that time?

3- i heard that 10 years long residence permit is going to be extend to 14 years? if that is true? soo when they are going to announce, any rough idea?

4- for HSMP, will my case fall under old rules or new ones? like 55kpannum salary etc etc, if not what else i have to do. any expected intermediate routes for old fellows?

5- is it possible to switch to another tier, suppose tier2?

6- In 2013, it will be 7 years in uk, can i apply for any sort of indefinite or shall i have to wait till 2016 for 10 years?

7- what are the current situation for HSMP ? how much salary i have to show, or any other documents.

Many Thanks.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:32 pm

1. Tier 1 (General) will close on 06-Apr-11, so no new applications will be accepted that date onwards. Switching to Tier 2 will remain an option for you if you can manage to find an employer who is willing to sponsor you. Switching to Tier 4 may also be a possibility.
2. HSMP closed in 2008, so not sure what you mean.
3. People hear a lot of rumours.
4. Answered in 2 above.
5. Answered in 1 above.
6. You may apply for settlement if and when you qualify under an immigration category available at the time of such application. No one can tell you today which immigration category may or may not be open in future years.
7. Answered in 2 above.
Last edited by geriatrix on Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

manchi_boi
BANNED

Post by manchi_boi » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:25 pm

sushdmehta wrote:1. Tier 1 (General) will close on 06-Apr-11, so no new applications to switch from that date onwards. Switching to Tier 2 will remain an option for you if you can manage to find an employer who is willing to sponsor you. Switching to Tier 4 may also be a possibility.
2. HSMP closed in 2008, so not sure what you mean.
3. People hear a lot of rumours.
4. Answered in 2 above.
5. Answered in 1 above.
6. You may apply for settlement if and when you qualify under an immigration category available at the time of such application. No one can tell you today which immigration category may or may not be open in future years.
7. Answered in 2 above.
Thanks Alot. now i have a very much clear picture. after PSW i have two option... Tier2 ( sponsor) or Tier4( student visa)