ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW to TIER 1 (General)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

slobodar
Newly Registered

PSW to TIER 1 (General)

Post by slobodar » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:27 pm

Hi guys

Just a quick question.

I am a holder of TIER 1 (PSW) if I apply for TIER 1 (General) does that mean that I am switching to a new immigration category? since both visas are TIER 1, a logical conclusion would be that I am extending my stay in a same immigration category. The reason I am asking is because there are different set of rules for extension and switching. If I extend my stay in the same category, I have enough points to get the TIER 1 (General) if I am switching, I wont be able to get enough points.

This is what the HO website says:

You can apply to extend your stay in the UK under Tier 1 (General) if you are already here:

with permission to stay (known as 'leave to remain') in an immigration category that allows you to switch into Tier 1 (General);
under Tier 1 (General); or

under the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP) and you are eligible to switch into Tier 1 (General).

Thank you

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: PSW to TIER 1 (General)

Post by geriatrix » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:56 pm

slobodar wrote:I am a holder of TIER 1 (PSW) if I apply for TIER 1 (General) does that mean that I am switching to a new immigration category?
Yes.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

slobodar
Newly Registered

Post by slobodar » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:30 pm

Thank you....

Celtic

Post by Celtic » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:31 pm

Your on tier 1 psw visa which is different from tier 1 general. So unfortunately your only option is to switch to tier 2 if you can find an employer to sponsor you or leave the country.

Bijuk

Post by Bijuk » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:29 pm

Celtic wrote:Your on tier 1 psw visa which is different from tier 1 general. So unfortunately your only option is to switch to tier 2 if you can find an employer to sponsor you or leave the country.
he still can apply since the last date is 5th of april

slobodar
Newly Registered

Post by slobodar » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:58 pm

Could you please explain me what did you mean? Do the changes affect the switch from PSW to TIER 2 (general)

thanx