ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unmarried certificate

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

madona587
Member of Standing

Unmarried certificate

Post by madona587 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:37 pm

Hi

I'm in UK on a work permit. I'm getting married to my partner in Sweden. I have been asked for a unmarried certificate ? I'm from India and I already have one from India. But they want one from UK because I lived here for the past 4 years. I searched everywhere but can't locate any information.

How do i get one from UK ?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you

:D

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:34 pm

Not sure but IMHO the only thing you can do is to swear it under oath to a Commissioner of Oaths.

You can't prove a negative.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:43 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Not sure but IMHO the only thing you can do is to swear it under oath to a Commissioner of Oaths.

You can't prove a negative.
Thanks for your reply. I have checked with few people it seems like I may be able to get one via a local Register office.

I need to dig deeper into this. So annoying

Thank you mate

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:25 pm

I think Germany requires this too for some people who want to get married.

I would suggest checking the UK+USA+Canada embassy web sites in Germany/Sweden to see if they have a description of what they will provide for their citizens who want to marry there. The UK embassy web site may hint at what you can get while in the UK.

Or call the British embassy consular section in Sweden.

theflare_007
Newly Registered

hi

Post by theflare_007 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:51 pm

@madona

Hi,

I m having the same problem, I want to get married with my partner in UKraine, she is in germany at the moment.

I need to get the same unmarried certificate but really duno how and from where i need to get it, i have been told to get it from your country's minitry of foreign affairs, but they say we don't know about such document.

is there any way i can get it from UK, either to get it verified through any solicitor or uk legislation attestation.

will really appreciate the reply

thanks

AmjD