ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I show wife's fund in her bank account(USA) for her visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Poll ended at Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:53 am

yes
100%
no
No votes

Total votes: 1

vivekbhadra
Newly Registered

Post by vivekbhadra » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:53 am

I have come to UK in February 14, 2011 on Tier 1 visa. I started working with a company here in UK since Feb 14, 2011. My Wife and my 8 months old child is living in India. I want to apply for their dependant visa.

My question is can I show my wife's fund in bank account for both their dependant visa purpose ? My wife has a bank account in USA and she has more than sufficient fund in her account for the last couple of years. If not, then how much fund I have to show for my wife and my child for their dependant visa ?

Myu funds are not maintained for 3 months period so I am planning to show her fund instead.

It would be a great favour if anybody of you can give me a bit information on this.

Thanks and Regards,
Vivek

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Can I show wife's fund in her bank account(USA) for her

Post by geriatrix » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:59 am

vivekbhadra wrote:My question is can I show my wife's fund in bank account for both their dependant visa purpose ?
Yes.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

vivekbhadra
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by vivekbhadra » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:56 pm

Hi sushdmehta,

Thanks for your reply. But I just got a reply from a visa consultant that I cannot. I am pretty confused and this is very critical for me as if I have to start arranging for the amount today, I would have to wait for another 3 months which is little difficult for my wife to stay there for that long. Please check reply from agent below(I had sent the same query to them):

"You must show that there are sufficient funds to meet the maintenance requirement of £1600.00 per dependent (i.e. x 2) for the 3 months immediately prior to submission of the application. The funds need to be held in the main Tier 1 visa holders account - i.e. your bank account, or in a joint bank account held by you and your wife.

If the bank account in the USA is only in your wife's name then we cannot use it. However, if the account is in both of your names then you can use it."

Thanks and regards,
Vivek

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:11 pm

A little correction and more details to the response above:
1. Your wife can use her own account / a joint account / your account to show maintenance funds for herself.
2. You will have to show maintenance funds for the child in your account or in a joint account of yours with your wife, or, if the child has one, child's sole account or child's joint account with you.

Read points 40-44 and 88 of the Policy guidance on dependants of points-based system migrants.
Last edited by geriatrix on Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

vivekbhadra
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by vivekbhadra » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:30 pm

Hi sushdmehta,

Thanks a lot for the information, I truely appreciate your kind help.

Thanks and Regards,
Vivek Bhadra