ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accommdation - Proof required?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

returntotheuk
Ireland

Accommdation - Proof required?

Post by returntotheuk » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:46 am

Hi Again,

We have been offered by mum to live with her indefinitely until we are sorted in the UK. The occupancy is not a problem.

My question is what proof do we need, because I am reading different things in different posts?

1. My mum owns the house outright, the deeds though are with the solicitor so need to get a copy right? Any easier way to do it as I do not want to give my mum the hassle of this?

2. I have read you need to get an estate agent to come and measure the rooms and get letter from them. Is this also required?

Thanks

wassap

Post by wassap » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:35 am

Hi Bud,

Ive seen people just get a letter from the solicitor stating that they have the deeds and get land registry details showing the house and any morgage owing.

Not sure if it has to be a estate agent for point 2, im sure i read somewhere here that the council can also do this aswell.Im sure someone will confirm that shortly!

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:27 pm

Obtain copy of land registry and mother's letter of consent, etc.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

returntotheuk
Ireland

Post by returntotheuk » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:47 pm

vinny wrote:Obtain copy of land registry and mother's letter of consent, etc.
Hi Vinny,

That's great thanks.

Do I also need the letter from the estate agent to prove how big the house and that it is adequate?

Thanks

deland
- thin ice -

Post by deland » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:17 pm

Can i ask what it would be on a rented home? also how do you show this overcrowding thing that embassy's love to talk about?

returntotheuk
Ireland

Post by returntotheuk » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:20 am

Hi Vinny,

I have checked the Land Registry out. There is an "Extract" or a "Full" copy available. Is the "extract" enough or is the "Full" required?

Thanks

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:10 pm

deland wrote:
Can i ask what it would be on a rented home? also how do you show this overcrowding thing that embassy's love to talk about?
I will be including my tenancy agreement and an up to date letter from my landlord confirming size, tenants and permission for spouse to live with me.

deland
- thin ice -

Post by deland » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:22 pm

[/quote]I will be including my tenancy agreement and an up to date letter from my landlord confirming size, tenants and permission for spouse to live with me.[/quote]Thanks but i showed a tenancy agreement and got a letter from my rental agent confirming it was ok and still got refused?

returntotheuk
Ireland

Post by returntotheuk » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:57 am

returntotheuk wrote:
Hi Vinny,

I have checked the Land Registry out. There is an "Extract" or a "Full" copy available. Is the "extract" enough or is the "Full" required?

Thanks
Anyone know the answer to the above?

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:03 am

deland wrote:
I will be including my tenancy agreement and an up to date letter from my landlord confirming size, tenants and permission for spouse to live with me.[/quote]Thanks but i showed a tenancy agreement and got a letter from my rental agent confirming it was ok and still got refused?[/quote]

What were the grounds of refusal? I know many who have supplied these documents and were fine.

deland
- thin ice -

Post by deland » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:18 pm

Hi "SoHopeful"
this is what the enbassy said "I note that
there has been no evidence submitted to satisfy me that your sponsor's daughter's property
would not be overcrowded by your presence. Additionally, sharing accommodation with your
sponsor's daugher's family does not demonstrate that you will living in a property that is owned
or occupied exclusively as required by paragraph 281"

returntotheuk
Ireland

Post by returntotheuk » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:21 pm

returntotheuk wrote:
returntotheuk wrote:
Hi Vinny,

Thanks
Anyone know the answer to the above?
Anyone can answer my question?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:56 pm

For a few extra quids that you will have to pay, the full extract one is much better

returntotheuk
Ireland

Post by returntotheuk » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:52 am

batleykhan wrote:For a few extra quids that you will have to pay, the full extract one is much better
Hi batleykhan,

Thanks for your reply.

It was not about the money it was about the hassle, it seems the "full extract" is not easy to get online as forms need to be filled in and sent which makes it a bit more difficult from Cambodia.

Thanks, I will take your advice though.