ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Childcare Vouchers - are these regarded as public funds?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

silverline

Childcare Vouchers - are these regarded as public funds?

Post by silverline » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:54 pm

Is tax/NI benefit out of childcare Vouchers regarded as public funds?

I pay full value of these childcare vouchers as a salary sacrifice. The only benefit i get is that due to salary sacrifice, i don't have to pay tax/NI on value of childcare vouchers?

Also I get tax credit on professional subscription payment? does that have any bearing on public funds?

any expert plz??

fardeens

Post by fardeens » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:39 pm

Hi

Hope this helps. I was on tier 1 and my employer gave me the option of childcare vouchers. I checked with a few people about this being a public fund. Didn’t get any definite answer so I decided to go ahead with it. I applied for ILR yesterday and I got my ILR so I don’t think it’s a public fund. I didn’t mention it on my application about childcare vouchers but my salary slips shows the deductions.

Regards