ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will UK immigration ban affect visa(s) to EU countries?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

suassooze
Newly Registered

Post by suassooze » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:52 am

yes.. @mastermind

i m just nervous,, i ll apply and i ll be honest in interview and i hope god doesnt leave me drowning..

thanks again

suassooze
Newly Registered

Post by suassooze » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:34 pm

What does black stamp on last page of pass port indicate from uk embassy . And green stamp from uk embassy . Please answer

petkanov

SIs

Post by petkanov » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:23 pm

The Schengen Information System is online in most of EU plus Norway, Iceland, Switzerland. It is now online in Bulgaria and Romania even though they are not yet part of schengen. Now don't get me wrong, no respectable EU country will grant you a visa if they find out you used fake documents when applied for UK visa. In theory they don't have to refuse you, but in practice I will be surprised if they gave you a visa if they know about the UK application.

It is also true that old EU countries apply transitional measures for labor access to new Eu member states, but these will last at most for 7 years, and this has nothing to do with leftist protectionism etc. Borders are here to stay. The EU will never let borders dissapear and let in millions of people from outside Europe.

Europe is our house, it is our home, why should we let everyone come in? This will not happen.

jack_daniel

Post by jack_daniel » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:37 pm

I will suggest apply for a fresh Indian passport and try for Other EU countries.
Your case is of course unique but anyways you are banned getting visa in UK.And as far as I know EU visa norms are very peculiar for different countries..I don't want to misguide you but as far as I know germany and Spain are very peculiar in visa rules Ppl often face rejections.
If you are desperate can try for Denmark or Swiss for student visa.

mastermind

Re: SIs

Post by mastermind » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:53 pm

petkanov wrote:It is also true that old EU countries apply transitional measures for labor access to new Eu member states, but these will last at most for 7 years, and this has nothing to do with leftist protectionism etc.
Oh yeah? What's the reason then? Please enlighten us :lol:
Borders are here to stay. The EU will never let borders dissapear and let in millions of people from outside Europe.
A few decades ago people were saying the same thing about abolishing borders between countries within today's EU.
Europe is our house, it is our home, why should we let everyone come in? This will not happen.
Your house is your private property (or leased or whatever), the whole Europe or whatever territory is not.

Added later:
I'd like to add that the way I personally see it - it is their loss. Personally I never went to continental Europe purely for holidays. Every time I've been there, I've been on business (when I did not really had much choice). Otherwise I choose to spend my money in places (and there are plenty of these) that do not want me to go through this humiliating procedure of discriminating people especially on such arbitrary criteria as the notion of "nationality". This is especially shameful for Europe. Didn't they learn anything after nazi Germany?
Notwithstanding that I can afford to go anywhere I want and would get a visa with no problems.
Last edited by mastermind on Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

petkanov

Post by petkanov » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:10 pm

The reason for transitional measures were right. I am from Eastern Europe and my country was directly affected by those measures. These measures were introduced to prevent massive disturbance on the labour market of other states while giving time for the eocnomies of the East to catch up.

Borders are here to stay, that is external EU borders while internal disappear completely. From the beginning of the European project the idea was free flow of people, capital etc. So the idea even decades ago was that. The idea was to unite Europe, not populate it with non Europeans.

EU is my home because of the following reasons:
EU is a sum of countries and mine is a part of it. These countries are the sum of people living there and paying taxes there. These countries are free and democratic for the most part and accountable to the population for the most part. The population of these countries doesn't really want immigration from outside of Europe, because generally speaking most people from outside don't want to integrate and that causes a lot of problems for the host countries. As Chancellor Merkel recently said, multiculturalism failed. The only people entitled to live in the EU are EU citizens. For the rest it is not a right but a privilege and can be taken away. I hate to be the messenger but had to answer your questions.

mastermind

Re: reply

Post by mastermind » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:26 pm

petkanov wrote:The reason for transitional measures were right. I am from Eastern Europe and my country was directly affected by those measures.
The fact that you feel OK to be humiliated like this does not make it right.
I guess that after decades of Soviet oppression it might feel OK but it does not mean it is right.
These measures were introduced to prevent massive disturbance on the labour market of other states while giving time for the eocnomies of the East to catch up.
This does not contradict what I said as the notion of "labour market" is a very leftist and populist thing itself.
From the beginning of the European project the idea was free flow of people, capital etc. So the idea even decades ago was that. The idea was to unite Europe, not populate it with non Europeans.
While it is so, the location of "external border" was kind of moving in time.
EU is a sum of countries and mine is a part of it. These countries are the sum of people living there and paying taxes there. These countries are free and democratic for the most part and accountable to the population for the most part. The population of these countries doesn't really want immigration from outside of Europe, because generally speaking most people from outside don't want to integrate and that causes a lot of problems for the host countries. As Chancellor Merkel recently said, multiculturalism failed. The only people entitled to live in the EU are EU citizens. For the rest it is not a right but a privilege and can be taken away. I hate to be the messenger but had to answer your questions.
Very convenient, isn't it? "We do not want those who were unlucky to be born in non-free/non-democratic countries. Let us peacefully enjoy our luck of being born here. Bad luck for them. Just leave us and our labour market alone."

petkanov

Re: SIs

Post by petkanov » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:30 pm

Continental Europe is great for holidays, think of Paris, Berlin, Vienna, Rome, the beaches of Spain, Tuscany, etc. Most developed countries base their visa policies on nationalities. Let's face it it is not fair. It is indeed humiliating. Unfortunately there is no other way. Vetting people by nationality is very practical and the results are good. What do you suggest, that the EU waives the visas for Indians and let anybody from there come as they please. How many millions will try to immigrate right away? See it is not that simple. I strongly disagree that it is shameful for Europe to apply immigration laws. It is way off and offensive comparing this to Nazi Germany. The USA, Canada, Australia, UK all base their visa policy on nationality. They had nothing to do with the nazis. Besides in the EU there are 27 countries, and a lot of them fought nazi germany. Anyway. as you said, you can afford to go anywhere and have no problem getting visas. See the EU is fair. If you satisfy them that you don't pose an immigration risk, they let you in.

Added later:
I'd like to add that the way I personally see it - it is their loss. Personally I never went to continental Europe purely for holidays. Every time I've been there, I've been on business (when I did not really had much choice). Otherwise I choose to spend my money in places (and there are plenty of these) that do not want me to go through this humiliating procedure of discriminating people especially on such arbitrary criteria as the notion of "nationality". This is especially shameful for Europe. Didn't they learn anything after nazi Germany?
Notwithstanding that I can afford to go anywhere I want and would get a visa with no problems.[/quote]

petkanov

Re: reply

Post by petkanov » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:40 pm

There is order in EU, if you created labor market disturbance on a massive scale that would be bad for the EU, the host country and the sending country. I don't feel I was humiliated, this was a very good and balanced decision and certainly economically right.

As far as the external borders, yes they are moving but they will not move beyond Europe. Write down my word, Turkey will never join the EU. Only European countries will become members of the EU. Once all willing countries have joined, the EU will stop the expand.

It is not about convenience. For example I was born in a despotic country. We changed the country and recently joined the EU. So the idea is not to move, but stay home and improve your own country. It is obvious that Europe cannot take all that are willing to come here. There is not enough space, resources and the population is against. So to all that want to come here but are not allowed, the best thing is to improve your own country and life, and you will be happier. Remember that Europe wasn't always a good place to live, but people made it livable. For example India is democratic and has great potential. People living there could improve the country and one day it could be a great economy and place to live.

mastermind wrote:
petkanov wrote:The reason for transitional measures were right. I am from Eastern Europe and my country was directly affected by those measures.
The fact that you feel OK to be humiliated like this does not make it right.
I guess that after decades of Soviet oppression it might feel OK but it does not mean it is right.
These measures were introduced to prevent massive disturbance on the labour market of other states while giving time for the eocnomies of the East to catch up.
This does not contradict what I said as the notion of "labour market" is a very leftist and populist thing itself.
From the beginning of the European project the idea was free flow of people, capital etc. So the idea even decades ago was that. The idea was to unite Europe, not populate it with non Europeans.
While it is so, the location of "external border" was kind of moving in time.
Very convenient, isn't it? "We do not want those who were unlucky to be born in non-free/non-democratic countries. Let us peacefully enjoy our luck of being born here. Bad luck for them. Just leave us and our labour market alone."

suassooze
Newly Registered

Post by suassooze » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:57 am

@petkanov,,

if they reject my visa what will they issue as refusal letter ..?

uk is not a part of schengen... so and i have not been previously rejected by any schengen country..
i want a clear cut answer from you regarding this..

i can appeal also since everything in application will be genuine..

petkanov

Post by petkanov » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:04 pm

They might or might not issue you a refusal letter, but for sure will stamp your passport with the refusal stamp.
If all your papers are genuine they can still refuse you, if they feel you might overstay. UK is not part of schengen and technically speaking unless they find out about your uk visa application you might get lucky. There is no clear cut answer, nobody can tell you what will happen. Unless you try you will never know.
suassooze wrote:@petkanov,,

if they reject my visa what will they issue as refusal letter ..?

uk is not a part of schengen... so and i have not been previously rejected by any schengen country..
i want a clear cut answer from you regarding this..

i can appeal also since everything in application will be genuine..

suassooze
Newly Registered

Post by suassooze » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:37 am

I think mine is a peculiar situation . I wont be flawed this time I have all genuine documents and funds . I searched for french immigration solicitors working in india . But I appreciate you people if you give me links for french immigration solicitors working in india . Thanks guys . I will be waiting for your reply . Thank you