ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

refusal to grant leave to remain with no right to appeal

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

franjacab
Newly Registered

refusal to grant leave to remain with no right to appeal

Post by franjacab » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:44 pm

Good morning every one.
I have just received last night a letter from the HO saying that I have been refused to extend my student visa, I will explain basically what happened and if someone could hep me please do it I am running out of time.
on 15 October 2010, i sent my application to extend my current visa.
on 20 December 2010, i received a letter saying that my application was invalid because it was a problem with the details provided to make the debit of the visa fees from by bank account.
on 22 December 2010 I re-send the same application but now with a post office cheque (as I was adviced in the letter from 20 Dec) to make sure the payment were succesfull and also i attached a letter saying that i understand that i have to attach fresh support documents but that i was not able to attach fresh bank statements because i needed an extra time to complete the home office requirements (keep the money for 28 days).
having tomorrow monday 31 January a new fresh bank statement,
yesterday 29 January 2011, I received a letter which inform me to be REFUSED TO GRANT LEAVE TO REMAIN AND ALSO THAT I HAVE NO RIGHT TO APPEAL. in conclusion, my first apply was on 15 October 2010. that visa expired on 02 November 2010. but i was notified that the payment was not succesful on 20 December what means that i have did not have leave to remain at the time I re-send the documents with postal orders and now i have been informed that i have to leave the UK as soon as possible.
it is very difficult for me as i can not afford all the expenses that apply from my country means, so i would like to know if somebody could advise me something to be able to stay as my masters degree started in October 2010 and is currently carried out.
thank you for your time and opinions.

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Re: refusal to grant leave to remain with no right to appeal

Post by shahzad80 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:24 pm

elv15

Post by elv15 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:28 pm

franjacab how did you get on with that case, i see people ddnt respond to to your post, hope you consulted an immigration expert.

sindhe1

re;hi

Post by sindhe1 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:52 pm

Hiya...
Its sad to read ur story.. well i think after the expiry date of ur visa,u get 28 days to stay here,but since its more than those days,i reckon u r illegal and have got no right to appeal...But seek expert advice on that..good luck my friend..god bless u !!!

UKProffesional
BANNED

Post by UKProffesional » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:57 pm

How can you afford to do a masters degree then ?

elv15

Post by elv15 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:53 am

Sindhe1 you need to read that post again, the guys visa expired while his application was at the home office and the ddnt bother tell him in time that his application was invalid, im my opinion that was harsh to refuse, HO are a shambles, they keep your stuff for sometime and wait for your visa to expire before they tell you that your application was invalid and when you reapply they refuse it as an out of time app with no right to appeal. Thats Harsh.