ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salaried account question

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ccw
Newly Registered

Salaried account question

Post by ccw » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:12 pm

Hi,

I am extending my tier 1 visa next month and hope someone can offer some advice here please.

I am submitting my salaried account bank statement for proof of earning purpose and a separate saving account for maintenance fund.

The savings have been over £800 across 3 months, however my salaried account had been overdrawn for some months (within facilities) but I had cleared the whole amount with my other savings just last month. So the total combined across 2 accounts are in credit well over £1000. However I am worried that I have only cleared the OD last month so it hasn't been that long (even tho my savings account passes the 3-month test). Will it be a problem?

If anyone has been in same situation before, your advice will be much appreciated. Thanks!

ccw
Newly Registered

Post by ccw » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:32 pm

Just to add to my question...the guideline says

Where evidence from two or more
accounts are submitted, we will assess the
funds available to the applicant using:
• the most recent closing balance of one
account, plus
• any additional money available to the
applicant on the date of that closing balance,
for which the applicant has provided the
required evidence.

We will always use the closing balance
date from the account that most favours the
applicant.

does that mean only the most recent balance of my salaried account will be considered?

Markie

Re: Salaried account question

Post by Markie » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:52 pm

If you're alone then min 800 req'd and should be the min average amt in the last 90 days as per guidelines that is enforced now..

158. Applicants in the United Kingdom
seeking further leave to remain must have at
least £800 of personal savings which must
have been held for a consecutive 90 day
period prior to the date of application

and you missed the most impotant part of your quote of 168/169 of the guidelines.

We will always use the closing balance
date from the account that most favours the
applicant.

ccw wrote:Hi,

I am extending my tier 1 visa next month and hope someone can offer some advice here please.

I am submitting my salaried account bank statement for proof of earning purpose and a separate saving account for maintenance fund.

The savings have been over £800 across 3 months, however my salaried account had been overdrawn for some months (within facilities) but I had cleared the whole amount with my other savings just last month. So the total combined across 2 accounts are in credit well over £1000. However I am worried that I have only cleared the OD last month so it hasn't been that long (even tho my savings account passes the 3-month test). Will it be a problem?

If anyone has been in same situation before, your advice will be much appreciated. Thanks!

ccw
Newly Registered

Post by ccw » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:57 pm

Thank you. I think they will consider the closing balance only but I was worried reading other threads on here. Fingers crossed!

revanth667

Salaried account

Post by revanth667 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:29 pm

My account was 177£ overdraft when I applied. I showed 800£ in another account. But my bussiness account has a balance of over 2000£ for last six months. Do they consider bussiness bank account money if at all they consider that my salaried account is in OD? Because I showed three accounts here.
R