ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

biometric card

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

daisy80

biometric card

Post by daisy80 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:49 pm

Hi,

I had applied for my son tier1 depedant visa who was born in uk for in person at croyodn today 05-apr-2011.

we were told due to backlog we can come and collect the passport on monday.

Please could you advise when we would recive the biometric card.

we had travel tickets booked to india on wed 13 apr.

can my wife and kid can travel without my son biometric card in case it does not arrive in time.

i could then post her my son card later one it arrives in order for my son to return back with my wife.

are there any issues in doing the same.

Please could you also advise how long does it take to receive the biometric card?

Thanks
Nevin

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:50 pm

If your application for permission to extend your stay is successful, your biometric residence permit will be sent to you by post 3 to 5 days after your appointment. It will not be issued to you on the day of your ppointment. You cannot enquire about undelivered cards in person at our public enquiry offices or biometric enrolment centres.
Biometric residence permit leaflet wrote:If you have not received your permit 10 working days after the date on your letter from us extending your permission to stay in the UK, you should phone us on 0300 123 2412.
Assuming it is legally allowed to post BRP to an overseas address, make sure that you use secure delivery to ensure it is not lost in transit.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!