ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Doubts!

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

new_UK
Newly Registered

Doubts!

Post by new_UK » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:23 pm

Hi, I am on a ICT visa from my Indian employer from 2011, to 2013. As per the new rules, is it not possible for me to change my immigration category from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General or Tier 1?

For getting a Tier 2 General Visa, does my new employer need to sponsor me for a certificate of sponsorship? Can I apply for a tier 2 general visa without an offer of employment?

Also, as per the new rules, for extending my stay after 2013, does my employer need to pay more salary? Or is the rule valid for applications after April 2011?

Kindly clarify!

Thanks in advance for any help.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:00 pm

1. Reading this topic should help.
2. Yes. No.
3. Reading the relevant policy guidance nearer to the time of extension will help. Refer to the current policy guidance for general understanding.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

vandanabhargava
Newly Registered

Have the Tier 2 Sponsor Letter

Post by vandanabhargava » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:42 pm

Hi

I have the Tier 2 Sponsor letter which is valid from 5th April 2011 to 6th July 2011.

Can i apply for visa anytime in between this period or does it need to be applied before 6th April when the new policy comes in place.

The reason is that i have a business visa of various places and need to be travelling and would be back only in mid of may 2011 so was planning to apply at that time thereby enabling me to acquire visa by Mid of June 2011

Help would be appreciated.

Best Regards

Vandana

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Have the Tier 2 Sponsor Letter

Post by geriatrix » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:04 pm

vandanabhargava wrote:I have the Tier 2 Sponsor letter which is valid from 5th April 2011 to 6th July 2011.
Not sure what this letter is for, but an (entry clearance / leave to remain) application must be made within 3 months of the CoS being issued.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!