ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

benn
Newly Registered

ILR application

Post by benn » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:24 pm

Hi, could someone please help me with ILR application

at the moment my wife is on spouse VISA and next month she needs to apply for ILR

for past 2 years we both have been living my parent, and we did tell the landlord that we been living in same address which is fine by them

however for past 9months my wife started working, and we never been contacted by the council tax to pay our share of the rent.

Seems to me that the landlord never passed the details to city council about us leaving here.

Could someone please advice if I have to go to city council and advised them we been living with our parent and pay our share of rent since we arrived in this house, or could I provide a proof of letter from my landlord and parent stating that its okay for us to leave there.

also

do we have to provide proof of our utility bills for past 6months or 2 years, as most of the utility bills we have are paper-free.

thanks for your advice

benn
Newly Registered

Post by benn » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:40 pm

any help plzzz

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:03 pm

The level of Council Tax payable won't have increased by you living there...so there's nothing to tell the Council. Council Tax has nothing to do with the rent paid which is between you and your parents/landlord.
You don't necessarily have to submit utility bills. Anything addressed to you both covering the 2 years either in single or joint names will be sufficient.

benn
Newly Registered

Post by benn » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:17 pm

Casa wrote:The level of Council Tax payable won't have increased by you living there...so there's nothing to tell the Council. Council Tax has nothing to do with the rent paid which is between you and your parents/landlord.
You don't necessarily have to submit utility bills. Anything addressed to you both covering the 2 years either in single or joint names will be sufficient.
right thanks for the advice,

I only received a letter from council tax today stating that we both (I & my wife) are working and we have to some share of the rent

to be honest I i dont mind start paying our share of rent from today, but I don't want to tell city council we been working for 9months and without notifying them, as theres alot to pay to council tax

will a latter from landlord will be enough that can can live in this property and theres enough space for all of us

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:05 pm

I think you're confused with the term 'council tax'. I'm certainly confused about what you think you owe the council. Do your parents rent the property from a private landlord? If so, where do the council come into this?

benn
Newly Registered

Post by benn » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:56 pm

Casa wrote:I think you're confused with the term 'council tax'. I'm certainly confused about what you think you owe the council. Do your parents rent the property from a private landlord? If so, where do the council come into this?
to be honest i'm confused aswell, well my parents rents get housing benefit, and we are non dependant and i do get weekly income