ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Notary

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tvb1976
Newly Registered

Notary

Post by tvb1976 » Sun Mar 21, 2004 12:53 pm

Hi,
I came to know that I can sent xerox copies of my educational certificates with notarization. I would like to know who can notary these certificates? Any legal attorney can do this? Is there any special legal consultants registered with UK Govt for this purpose? Please let me know.

Thanks,
veeru

hsmphopeful

Post by hsmphopeful » Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:30 am

Notaries are authorised by the country of their location - unless you are in UK they have nothing to do with the HMG...

tvb1976
Newly Registered

Post by tvb1976 » Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:35 am

Hi, I am from India and working in Dubai. Can I get notary from local attorny for my educational xerox and submit along with the application? Or do I have to get it done from India only? Please advice me.

Thanks,
veeru

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Post by Cosmopol » Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:03 pm

Any certification by a person in UAE that clearly shows that this person was authorized by the state for purposes of copy/signature certification should be fine.

lbfrancois

Notarized docs - What is that exactly???

Post by lbfrancois » Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:58 pm

What exactly is a "notary"???

I live in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil), I'm not sure what a notarized doc refers to. Here, we get the original document to a goverment place and they make "authenticated copies" of your documents. They stamp the copy and glue a label on it stating that it's an authentic copy from the original. Is it the same thing as "notary"???

Please Help!!!

deborahCO

Post by deborahCO » Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:32 pm

Sounds like that would be the equivalent to a notary.

hsmphopeful

Post by hsmphopeful » Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:33 pm

Yes. In different countries this is done by different parties, usually called notaries public but not necessarily. The idea is that some trusted third party certifies that a copy is a true likeness of the original. But do keep in mind that not all documents may be copied and certified - in any case worth visiting this government office you mention.
Regards

lbfrancois

Post by lbfrancois » Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:23 pm

Thank you very much for explaining!!!