ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

minimum fund required for tier -2 dependent

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arihan

minimum fund required for tier -2 dependent

Post by arihan » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:56 pm

hi all,

I am in uk since last three years. first two years in tier-2 Intra comapnay transfer . Then from 1st june 2010 onwards i am in tier-2 general visa. My wife in india needs to apply for dependent visa. So can any one pls let me know what should be my minimum a/c balance ? I heard it should be 800GBP . Is it correct?

if any one let me know quickly that would be great.

thanks
arihan

arihan

Post by arihan » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:09 pm

I got this from ukba website..it seems i should have 533+533 = 1066 inmy a/c for last 3 months. please refer below and confirm me if i am wrong.

What maintenance (funds) dependants must have

To be eligible for permission to stay (leave to remain) as a dependant of a tier 2 applicant, your dependant must show that they have enough personal funds to support themselves for the entire time of stay here.

If the main applicant under tier 2 is outside the United Kingdom or has been in the United Kingdom for less than 12 months, the family member must show that the main applicant or the dependant has at least £533 to support the dependant as well as the funds needed to support the main applicant. This is unless the sponsor of the migrant has agreed to maintain and accommodate the dependant until the end of the first month.

If the main applicant has been present in the United Kingdom for 12 months or more, the main applicant or the family member of the tier 2 applicant must have £533 to support themselves.

mt_dilber

Re: minimum fund required for tier -2 dependent

Post by mt_dilber » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:16 pm

you only need to prove maintenance for ur dependent which is £533 per dependent kept in account for 90 days. you don't need to prove funds for yourself because u r already in UK. So if u have only one dependents (wife) then u only need to show £533 .

ammu28

sister dpnt visa

Post by ammu28 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:52 pm

hi,

would like to ask question on behalf of my sister.
She is in Tier2(Nurse) from November 2010 which is less than 1 year.

She would like to bring her husband and daughter to uk.

If I read correctly,
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... igibility/

What maintenance (funds) dependants must have

To be eligible for permission to stay (leave to remain) as a dependant of a tier 2 applicant, your dependant must show that they have enough personal funds to support themselves for the entire time of stay here.

You and your dependants should have already assessed the potential living costs, based on past living expenses, to make sure that you have enough funds to support yourselves.

If you or your dependants are unable to meet the maintenance requirements, your application will be refused.

If the main applicant under tier 2 is outside the United Kingdom or has been in the United Kingdom for less than 12 months, the family member must show that the main applicant or the dependant has at least £533 to support the dependant as well as the funds needed to support the main applicant. This is unless the sponsor of the migrant has agreed to maintain and accommodate the dependant until the end of the first month.

If the main applicant has been present in the United Kingdom for 12 months or more, the main applicant or the family member of the tier 2 applicant must have £533 to support themselves.

For example, if you are the main applicant and you are bringing two children with you to the United Kingdom, you must have your £800 for your maintenance (funds) and £1,066 for your children, so a total of £1,866.

says she need

800+ 533 + 533 for her dependant application.

Is this correct or she need 533 + 533 + 533 ?

Could anyone help me please?
Regards
Ammu

mt_dilber

Re: sister dpnt visa

Post by mt_dilber » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:39 pm

ammu28 wrote:hi,

would like to ask question on behalf of my sister.
She is in Tier2(Nurse) from November 2010 which is less than 1 year.

She would like to bring her husband and daughter to uk.

Lets says she need

800+ 533 + 533 for her dependant application.

Is this correct or she need 533 + 533 + 533 ?

Could anyone help me please?

She needs £800(for herself)+£533+£533 = £1866 kept in bank for 90 days

ammu28

Post by ammu28 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:32 am

thank you , she has to wait for another 30 days short of 66£'s
Regards
Ammu

arihan

Post by arihan » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:42 pm

so in my case as i m in uk since last 3 years ( 2 years in tier 2 - intra comapny transfer and 1 year in tier 2 general ) so i should have in my a/c
533 ( for my self ) + 533 ( for my wife as dependent) ... hope this is correct...else pls let me know...

bonnyiype
Newly Registered

Maintainance fund

Post by bonnyiype » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:14 am

Hello Everyone,

Am going to apply tier 2 dependent visa as my wife is in uk working as a nurse
i have doubt.. i have maintained enough fund in my account for last 6 months for both of us but not in her account, should
i have to maintain fund in her account also for applying. am very much confused, it would be grateful if somebody clears this doubt