ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano EU Court ruling & Effect on NonEU Parent-Stamp3

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ITGuru
India

Zambrano EU Court ruling & Effect on NonEU Parent-Stamp3

Post by ITGuru » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:41 pm

I wonder whether the Zambrabo EU court ruling has any effect on NonEU parents of Irish Born children residing in Ireland on Dependant visa (Stamp 3). My Wife is working on Stamp 4 and I am now unemployed with stamp 3. Although few companies had their interest in employing me, it was eventually rejected because of requirement of a Spousal Work Permit.

I wonder whether this new ruling has any effect on cases like mine who cant work because of Work Permit requirement?

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:54 pm

You can most definitely invoke the rights of the Zambrano ruling, if you children are Irish citizens.

I think for your children to be Irish citizens, you need to have been living here legally for the 3 years prior to their birth.

I would write to the department asking them to change your status to stamp 4 on the basis of your Irish children and the Zambrano ruling.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

ITGuru
India

Thanks Monifé

Post by ITGuru » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:43 pm

Thanks Monifé,
Yes, My Kid is an Irish Citizen and I am living in Ireland for the last 6+ years. When I talked to one of the organisations supporting non national communities, they were not sure about it.

They pointed the following as a reason for that:
Cons:
1. I am already living with my Irish born kid.
2. Even though I cant work my wife is still working and is Stamp 4
3. I doesnt have a threat of deportation since I could legally stay here eventhough I cant work

Pros:
1. My wife cant support the kids and me with one persons income and i have to take the kids out of this country soon to live a standard life.

though they suggested me to write a letter to the Justice dept to change my status.

What all documents would I need along with the letter supporting my case?

9jeirean

Re: Thanks Monifé

Post by 9jeirean » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:26 pm

ITGuru wrote:Thanks Monifé,
Yes, My Kid is an Irish Citizen and I am living in Ireland for the last 6+ years. When I talked to one of the organisations supporting non national communities, they were not sure about it.

They pointed the following as a reason for that:
Cons:
1. I am already living with my Irish born kid.
2. Even though I cant work my wife is still working and is Stamp 4
3. I doesnt have a threat of deportation since I could legally stay here eventhough I cant work

Pros:
1. My wife cant support the kids and me with one persons income and i have to take the kids out of this country soon to live a standard life.

though they suggested me to write a letter to the Justice dept to change my status.

What all documents would I need along with the letter supporting my case?
Not taking anything away from your point ITGuru, but I don't think there's any room for the DoJ to analyze any pros or cons when it comes to a judgement that has been handed down by the ECJ, the highest court of law in Europe. There is no doubt that that the scope of Zambrano ruling covers such parents of Irish citizens who are on stamp 3 that restricted them from working.

The main object of the Zambrano ruling is the right of residency and access to work for the parents of the union citizen children. The decision to restrict one parent from employment is a local policy put in place by the Irish authority. Where Zambrano applies and is evoked, it supersedes any national policy that might previously applied to such persons.

I've said it here before, I think the DoJ will indeed change the status of such parents but they may argue that their priority in the main is to sort out cases that are pending deportation and ones that are pending at the courts.

I will however advice to send in your application in any case. You've got nothing to lose.

9jeirean

acme4242

Post by acme4242 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:12 am

Worth reading this weeks issue from ICI. Busy week

http://www.immigrantcouncil.ie/news-bul ... n-issue-84
The effect in Ireland of the judgment is that the parents of Irish citizen children, no matter what their nationality or immigration status, must be given the right to live and work in Ireland while the children are minors and are dependent on them.

People who believe the judgment affects them may make applications to the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS) -
  • those parents with residence permits that do not give them full access to the labour market may apply to the INIS for a Stamp 4 permit, giving them permission to live and work in Ireland;

those parents of Irish citizen children in respect of whom a deportation order has been issued may apply for revocation of the deportation order and, if necessary, a visa, whether or not they have already been deported;

parents who are already waiting for decisions on applications for permission to live and work in Ireland may update their application with reference to the Zambrano case.
Those people who think the ruling might affect them should ring our Information and Referral Service on 01 674 0200 or read an information note on our website - http://www.immigrantcouncil.ie/images/s ... n_Note.pdf. A full copy of the judgment can be accessed here: http://curia.europa.eu/jurisp/cgi-bin/f ... ff=C-34/09
Shocking, but no longer surprising behaviour from the Dept of Justice and Equality *cough
Clarification sought in decision implying second-class citizenship for migrants

An ICI client is seeking urgent clarification from the Government over a decision which implies citizenship by naturalisation does not confer the full rights afforded to citizens of this country.

The ICI is providing support to the woman, who was recently granted Irish citizenship as the widow of an Irish citizen. Ordinarily, widows of Irish citizens are required to pay a reduced fee for citizenship - €200 as opposed to €950. However, our client was shocked when she was informed that she would be required to pay the full €950 fee because her husband "was not an Irish Born Citizen".

Leaving aside the cost issue, this truly appalling decision implies that Ireland has established two different classes of citizen and accords them different rights. We will keep you informed about any developments.

mastermind

Post by mastermind » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:53 am

There are also some links to opinions/analyses of the judgement being collected in this topic: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 761#466761
You might probably want to pass them on to the organization you mentioned.

ITGuru
India

Documents required?

Post by ITGuru » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:59 am

What would be the Documents required for making the application?

1. Copy of the passport of the Irish Born Child
2. Child's Birth Certificate
3. Relevant pages of my passport
4. Copy of my Garda card

Any thing else? Do I need to attest the copies by a solicitor?

Monifé

Re: Documents required?

Post by Monifé » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:15 pm

ITGuru wrote:What would be the Documents required for making the application?

4. Copy of my Garda card

The above sounds good. Not that knowledgeable in this area of immigration but perhaps you could send some utility bills aswell as proof of residence in Ireland. If you are sending in copies, I assume you will have to get them attested. Don't need a solicitor, you can use a commissioner of oaths. It is usually around 10euro.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:47 pm

i am not sure whether there is any section sellected to process those kind of applications. they will probably have to create a new section something like IBC, to deal with all those similar queries.
if there is no section appointmnet to deal with those queries, chances are that those applications will be just circuling around from section to section and then boxed somewhere awaiting from direction from the top... (minister).

starbuck

Post by starbuck » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:07 pm

I am also in the same situation as you are. I have applied for stamp4 with the docs that you have applied with. Please post a reply just in case you get any from the department.

ITGuru
India

All Parents of Irish Citizen Children eligible for Stamp 4

Post by ITGuru » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:46 pm

According to Immigrant Council of Ireland and one of the leading Immigration Solicitors in Dublin whom I contacted , all parents of Irish Citizen Children could now apply for Stamp 4. So all Stamp 3 parents could now apply for a change of status as per my information.

The application should be made to

Change of Status Section
INIS
Dept of Justice and Law reform
13-14 Burgh Quay
D 2

There are contradictory reports about the use in going via a Immigration Solicitor by paying them or applying directly. Solicitors are very structured and have a list of docs that need to be submitted along with the application.

[/img]

oceanstar
Newly Registered

Post by oceanstar » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:50 pm

i have a question? i do have a irish born eu citizen son, can i able to apply ?
thanks

ITGuru
India

Post by ITGuru » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:55 am

oceanstar wrote:i have a question? i do have a irish born eu citizen son, can i able to apply ?
thanks
All Parents could apply for a Stamp 4 if their Child is an Irish Citizen.

Docs required according to immigration Council:
1. Copy of the Passport of the Irish Citizen Child
2. Copy of the child's birth certificate
3. Copy of your passport
4. Copy of Garda Card
5. Copy of Utility Bill
6. Any other relevant docs

Note: All docs need to be attested

desibuddy

Post by desibuddy » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:12 pm

I am also on the same boat (stamp 3). Can you please share few things like

Have you applied through solicitor or directly.?f through solicitor how much u had to pay them?

Have you heard back anything from INIS ?

Recently i spoke with Entemp but they directed me to INIS.

Thanks

ITGuru
India

Post by ITGuru » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:00 pm

desibuddy wrote:I am also on the same boat (stamp 3). Can you please share few things like

Have you applied through solicitor or directly.?f through solicitor how much u had to pay them?

Have you heard back anything from INIS ?

Recently i spoke with Entemp but they directed me to INIS.

Thanks
I would apply today. Just attested all the docs by a solicitor. The dept is still "considering various options" on this issue (How long? For an year!).

The solicitor charges vary too much. One solicitor asked me 600 while another firm just 100.

I have sent a pm to you about the solicitor.

Reetu
Newly Registered

Post by Reetu » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:42 pm

When i had contacted Immigration council, I have been advised to send written application with all supporting documents to following address, but informed that there is no need to attest any documents:-

Irish Born Child Unit,
Department of Justice and Equality,
PO Box 10003,
Dublin 2.

Documens required:-

copy of passport & birth certificate of Irish born child
Copy of the passport (parent)
Copy of the GNIB card (parent)
copy of any reference witch which v can claim we are eligible for stamp-4, so for this i have enclosed this:- (http://www.immigrantcouncil.ie/images/s ... n_Note.pdf)

Also as i am working on Spousal work permit (Stamp-1) and it is due for renewal on May'11, i have been advised immigration council that not required to apply for renewal of work permit, rather than applying for changing stamp status to Stamp-4, also advised me to enclose copy of recent work permit.

I have also enclosed copy of P-60 as well, but i didn't enclose any utility bill showing my address, although the P-60 itself is showing my full residential address, so will it be ok? As told by immigration council i didn't attest any copies enclosed, will it be ok?

Or else do i need to send another application again with fully attested supporting documents including utility bill.

Kindly advise somebody.

thanks

ITGuru
India

Post by ITGuru » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:25 pm

Reetu wrote:When i had contacted Immigration council, I have been advised to send written application with all supporting documents to following address, but informed that there is no need to attest any documents:-

Irish Born Child Unit,
Department of Justice and Equality,
PO Box 10003,
Dublin 2.

---
---
So many different addresses conveyed by various agencies. Any way I send to Change of Status section at INIS. But would be happy to send another application to the "Irish Born Child Unit" address as well.
Reetu wrote:
Or else do i need to send another application again with fully attested supporting documents including utility bill.

Kindly advise somebody.

thanks
I dont think so. Usually if they need any thing else they would write back to you regarding that.

oceanstar
Newly Registered

Post by oceanstar » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:48 pm

but my son is eu citizen he born in ireland,,,,,, not irish citizen,,,,becos my husband from eu and i m non eu.
they only say irish citizen ,still can i ?

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:39 pm

oceanstar wrote:but my son is eu citizen he born in ireland,,,,,, not irish citizen,,,,becos my husband from eu and i m non eu.
they only say irish citizen ,still can i ?
You should be applying via EUFAM1 (spouse of EU citizen) not via Zambrano ruling. This is for non-EU immigrants (documented/undocumented) to avail on the basis of their national citizen children (national in the country they are residing meaning Irish child for Ireland residency, French child for France residency etc)

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:01 pm

The INIS would do better to remove all this confusions by providing the relevant info on their website. All they are doing at the moment is digging their heels in the sand. It's no use.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:04 pm

The INIS would do better to remove all this confusions by providing the relevant info for zambrano applications on their website. All they are doing at the moment is digging their heels in the sand. It's no use.

LADYB
Newly Registered

RESIDENCY FOR NON EU PARENTS WITH IRISH BORN CHILDREN

Post by LADYB » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:07 am

Please, I'll like a clarification. I have an Irish Citizen Child but I am Nigerian, I am currently not in Ireland as I have since returned to my country with my child since I was not given the Residency when I applied in November, 2007.

I want to know the process of returning to Ireland with my child to apply for this Residency and work permit.

Thank you

fatty patty

Re: RESIDENCY FOR NON EU PARENTS WITH IRISH BORN CHILDREN

Post by fatty patty » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:48 pm

LADYB wrote:Please, I'll like a clarification. I have an Irish Citizen Child but I am Nigerian, I am currently not in Ireland as I have since returned to my country with my child since I was not given the Residency when I applied in November, 2007.

I want to know the process of returning to Ireland with my child to apply for this Residency and work permit.

Thank you
I suggest you should contact the Irish Embassy in Abuja

http://www.embassyofireland.org.ng/home ... x?id=51288

Zambrano ruling has changed the immigration dynamics so in your case you should get a favourable answer.

shintaxyz
Newly Registered

Post by shintaxyz » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:34 am

Please, I'll like a clarification. I have an Irish Citizen Child but I am Nigerian, I am currently not in Ireland as I have since returned to my country with my child since I was not given the Residency when I applied in November, 2007.

Thank you
Lady B,

I guess we are in the same shoes. I have been advised by my solicitor to apply for a Long Stay Visa D, Join Family - NON-EU Parent of an Irish Citizen. I have my wife and my Irish born daughter in Ireland. I was refused a Join Spouse Visa last year based on the fact that my wife is on Stamp 4.
The reason - GP:- Contrary to General Policy - It is not general policy to permit any person, whether related or not, to join or visit any person who is in the State on temporary permission to reamin status. Your case has been fully examined, and you have not shown any compelling grounds as to why an exception to this policy should be made in your case.

But now the Zambrano case have changed a lot of things. I intend to submit my application in Lagos before the end of the month.

chinos
Newly Registered

Re: Documents required?

Post by chinos » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:39 pm

Monifé wrote:
ITGuru wrote:What would be the Documents required for making the application?

4. Copy of my Garda card

The above sounds good. Not that knowledgeable in this area of immigration but perhaps you could send some utility bills aswell as proof of residence in Ireland. If you are sending in copies, I assume you will have to get them attested. Don't need a solicitor, you can use a commissioner of oaths. It is usually around 10euro.
I have all the above listed documents attested.Which application form should I fill up? [/quote]