ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Received my Unmarried Partner Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sanjayrocks
BANNED

Received my Unmarried Partner Visa

Post by sanjayrocks » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:45 pm

Hi All,

I would like to thank you all for your valuable support given to me.

Im so surprised to find out that less than 30 days since the day i posted my visa application i successfully received the unmarried partner visa for 2 years.

Even my lawyer told me that it will take at least 3 months but im so happy that i got my visa less than a month.

Thanks again

TTMY
Newly Registered

Post by TTMY » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:50 pm

congratulation

How did you apply 'unmarried partner visa'? What was your difficulty? May I know?

I have a problem of confusion about visa. I posted "I really need help" under immigration for family members title. please read and give me your best advice.

take care

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:41 pm

TTMY, you don't qualify for an Unmarried Partner Visa as you don't live with your partner.

TTMY
Newly Registered

Post by TTMY » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:52 pm

OMG so i have no other option to stay here and go home when visa expired. but I do love my boyfriend.

thank you casa

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:26 pm

You do have options, but as I suggested earlier in your other thread you need to seek professional advice to find out the best way forward.

TTMY
Newly Registered

Post by TTMY » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:40 pm

thank you for you advice casa. I am very pleased.

sanjayrocks
BANNED

Post by sanjayrocks » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:06 pm

Well as far as I know i never had a problem regarding this as i was genuinely living with my gf for more than 2 years.

I presented

1) Three Tenancy agreements ( 2 Extended tenancy agreements)
2) Joint bank accounts of both of us had 2 different joint bank accounts with 2 banks)
3) Separate Bank account statements showing we living in the same address for 2+ years
4) Council letters, GP Letter, TV Licence , Credit card(even rejected letters), Car insurance letters confirming the address
5)My college letter confirming me as a Regular Genuine Student with very good attendance
6) For English Language Requirement - IELTS results (whic i received back in 2007) also my Degree certificates and Membership Certficate given to me by the professional body in UK
7)Salary slips of me and my gf. (Last 3 months salary slips and also other earlier salary slips dating back to 2 years)

This all i did supply to cover 2+ years and my solicitor received the ID within 21 days of sending the application to the Border Agency. I guess Im very lucky to successfully receive the visa in such a short time

Hope this helps you and wish you all the best

TTMY wrote:congratulation

How did you apply 'unmarried partner visa'? What was your difficulty? May I know?

I have a problem of confusion about visa. I posted "I really need help" under immigration for family members title. please read and give me your best advice.

take care

TTMY
Newly Registered

Post by TTMY » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:16 pm

Hi thank you for your help

I do not have much time to start those things as my student visa will expire on this Oct. I do not know where should i start from. :)

namin
Newly Registered

Post by namin » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:52 pm

Hi, congrats on getting your visa!

One question.. how long did you have joint bank accounts for? I have been living with my partner for nearly 2 years but only just opened a joint savings account. I'm worried that they will see it as a 'phoney' account opened only for the purpose of the visa, even though it is a genuine account (saving up for a big holiday!)

Cheers and good luck to you two :)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:55 pm

It depends very much on how much other evidence you have showing joint address and of a relationship 'akin to marriage'.