ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

over 65 Elderly parents visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iqbal9999
Newly Registered

over 65 Elderly parents visa

Post by iqbal9999 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:04 pm

Dear All
i want to bring my elderly mother in uk she is now 65 year old and she is depended on me
my sister also living in pakistan but she is in her home so she cant lookafter her
so how can i apply for her to saty with me in uk i m british citizen and my wife and son are are british as well
i am earning 2400 per month including all tax
my total incoming income after tax is 1750 or 1700 depends on hours
so is it enough or i have to do more extra work like Minicab to increase my income
please guide me because my widow mother is living alone in pakistan and i don't want to leave her alone
i am taking child benfits only
need guideline

ajmal

Re: over 65 Elderly parents visa

Post by ajmal » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:16 pm

iqbal9999 wrote:Dear All
i want to bring my elderly mother in uk she is now 65 year old and she is depended on me
my sister also living in pakistan but she is in her home so she cant lookafter her
so how can i apply for her to saty with me in uk i m british citizen and my wife and son are are british as well
i am earning 2400 per month including all tax
my total incoming income after tax is 1750 or 1700 depends on hours
so is it enough or i have to do more extra work like Minicab to increase my income
please guide me because my widow mother is living alone in pakistan and i don't want to leave her alone
i am taking child benfits only
need guideline

You have to prove that she is dependent on you and you are regularly sending money to her for her maintainance .

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:39 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

NT1234

Post by NT1234 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:32 pm

you need to read that post on elderly parent, its very useful. But may i also add you need to prove why cant you sister takes care of your mum as one of the requirement is proving they have no one to turn to in their own country....no mater what age they are.....you could send money back home, and the emotional care etc be provided by your sister, this is the way the eco will look at it....may i also add you need to do your research, as its getting tougher and tougher, and only a water roof case will succeed as this is a very difficult visa to get...

read the requirement, being only dependent on you is not enouch, but a good atarting point.

good luck, and keep us posted on the outcome.

isabhi
Newly Registered

Elderly Mother

Post by isabhi » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:12 am

Hello All,

I need an advice - following are the details.

My mother is 75 years old and is living in India. She is a second wife of my father, who married to her after the death of his first wife due to cancer. This was 33 years back. I have 4 step sisters (my father had 4 daughters from his first wife).
My father is alive, he is 81 years old and suffering from kidney failure and is living on dialysis.

Please note: my parents are not divorced.

My mother, my father and two of my step sisters (who are not married) are living together in India in a house bought by me for them to live in.

My father is being taken care of totally by my step sisters and my mother is not being looked upon by them although everyone lives in the same house.

My step sisters are planning to move out from the house where they are living currently (the house bought by me) and are not willing to accommodate my mother.

As of now my mother is not financially dependent upon me, as she has some savings she did in her past life, when she was working and I donot send her any money, apart from the house I bought where she is currently living.

In these circumstances, I want to bring my mother here to UK. Please advice whether I will be able to do so.
I am on a settlement visa (ILR) in uk and my wife joined me one year back on the dependent visa.
Please let me know what all documents I need to submit in order get my mother's visa done.

Thanks
Abhinav