ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement requirements for PBS migrants from April 2011

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

musaratnasreen

Post by musaratnasreen » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:37 pm

True. They have to revise the guidance and form both. New forms with new fee and new documents required for different categories. Waiting with patience is most appropriate. Principally everything should have been uploaded with all new changes at 9 AM of 6th Apr 2011.

darksun wrote:Hmm weird, I just downloaded it and looking at it now. I reckon they're adjusting stuff on their website
bmowen wrote:
darksun wrote:I just went to UKBA site and if you say form finder, setO is the new form
When I look at the Form Finder the form is dated 11/2010 and still has the old fees on it. I believe that there is a new form still to come.

psdesai
BANNED

Post by psdesai » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:51 pm

Guys,

New form ILR On page 20. Age Assessment

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... o04091.pdf

C. Age Assessment
Please tick the relevant box to confirm the points you are claiming on the basis of your age at application for your first grant of leave in this route:

What does it mean by first grant of leave ?

Does it mean the age when I applied for my HSMP Approval letter? OR
Does it mean the age when I got my HSMP apporoval letter? OR
Does it mean the age when I got my HSMP Visa?

I know this may have be asked earlier. But I need some clarification if someone has contacted UKBA or lawyers etc.

Cheers
"Freedom is your very nature. Only with freedom, do joy, generosity and other human values blossom. Without freedom, attitudes become stifling, concepts become a burden, information has no value and imagination becomes stagnant."

salina02

Post by salina02 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:13 pm

Did you guys noticed in the new application form the fees is still the same the new fees not yet reflected.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:20 pm

salina02 wrote:Did you guys noticed in the new application form the fees is still the same the new fees not yet reflected.
You are looking at the old form, so you'll only notice the "old fees".
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

yorker
Newly Registered

another cockup

Post by yorker » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:37 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
salina02 wrote:Did you guys noticed in the new application form the fees is still the same the new fees not yet reflected.

yet another cockup by HO.
the page 2 of guidance notes with new SET-O says HSMP ILR JD policy document covers only those before 3 April 2006, while the policy document it self says it covers for those before 7Nov 2006.:?

salina02

Post by salina02 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:02 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
I am looking into this

http://apply.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/iap ... STATE=true

hsmp2010

Post by hsmp2010 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:08 pm

i m very much worried, even though Home office assured that they will not do this and mentioned this statement of changes, why then?

yorker
Newly Registered

Post by yorker » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:20 pm

hsmp2010 wrote:i m very much worried, even though Home office assured that they will not do this and mentioned this statement of changes, why then?
I would not worry too much as it is possible that the the guidance was made in tandem with initial statement of changes before the correction on 31/03/2011, when they clarified the 3April-7Nov 2006 situation. however it must be ciorrected qucikly.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: another cockup

Post by geriatrix » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:54 pm

yorker wrote:yet another cockup by HO.
the page 2 of guidance notes with new SET-O says HSMP ILR JD policy document covers only those before 3 April 2006, while the policy document it self says it covers for those before 7Nov 2006.:?
Subject to individual interpretation.

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Son_of_Soil » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:45 pm

Hi

There should be another option added to the new form for Pre 7th nov 2006 applicants.HSMP ILR JR is differant to HSMP JR.

this need correction sooner.
Thanks

smartplant
Newly Registered

HAVE A PEACE OF MIND

Post by smartplant » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:50 pm

Son_of_Soil wrote:Hi

There should be another option added to the new form for Pre 7th nov 2006 applicants.HSMP ILR JR is differant to HSMP JR.

Thanks
Please follow following link

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... es/part6a/

Have a look 6A Paragraph 245CD requirements a, b, d, e , f , h

now shouldn't have problem for prev 7 Nov 2006 category

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: HAVE A PEACE OF MIND

Post by Son_of_Soil » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:04 pm

Thanks for the info, however my question was that there is no option to select HSMP JR on the new forms.

Does HSMP ILR JR covers HSMP JR?

smartplant wrote:

Thanks

smartplant
Newly Registered

Re: HAVE A PEACE OF MIND

Post by smartplant » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:08 pm

Son_of_Soil wrote:Thanks for the info, however my question was that there is no option to select HSMP JR on the new forms.

Don't worry about that.In the user guide it is mentioned that applicant should see more details in the Immigration Rule & thats the link which I have posted below

Does HSMP ILR JR covers HSMP JR?

smartplant wrote:

Thanks

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Documents section

Post by jinkazama_11 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:07 pm

I have got a question regarding Documents section of new SET(O) from.

If you have a spouse or civil partner listed in section 2 of this application form who is applying at the same
time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave (up to a
maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the whole period and be in the form of official letters
or documents, addressed to yourself and your spouse.

In the old form these documents were not requested. Can some one please confirm.
1) How many documents we need with both main applicant and spouse name on it?
2) e.g., a water bill is only issued once a year, does that mean 2 water bills will cover 2 years?
3) "addressed to yourself and your spouse", does this mean same letter addressed to both or separate letters for both?
Thanks

sunny1407

Post by sunny1407 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:26 pm

Thanks
agree its different but both cases have been summarised in one policy document by homeoffice so they consider both jr as one category.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:28 pm

Interesting! Now (spouse / partner) dependant applying at the same time as main migrant will be required to prove cohabitation - just as spouses / partners of settled persons or British citizens are required to. This is new!

jinkazama_11, provide documentary evidence(s) similar to what is required from applicants applying for settlement under the SET(M) route. Refer to SET(M) form, Section 10, Note 8 (on page 15).

surajban

Post by surajban » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:36 am

sushdmehta wrote:Interesting! Now (spouse / partner) dependant applying at the same time as main migrant will be required to prove cohabitation - just as spouses / partners of settled persons or British citizens are required to. This is new!

jinkazama_11, provide documentary evidence(s) similar to what is required from applicants applying for settlement under the SET(M) route. Refer to SET(M) form, Section 10, Note 8 (on page 15).
Any idea does this apply to HSMP ILR JR policy applicants

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Post by jinkazama_11 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:57 am

sushdmehta wrote:Interesting! Now (spouse / partner) dependant applying at the same time as main migrant will be required to prove cohabitation - just as spouses / partners of settled persons or British citizens are required to. This is new!

Thanks sushdmehta
The problem is that majority of documents are on my name. Only water bill is on joint names. According to SET(M) form, Section 10, Note 8 (on page 15) letters should be spread over the whole 2 years. Does this mean that we have to show the letter for every single month over the 2 years period?
I only have following documents. could you please tell me if they are sufficient.

1)-Water bill (Joint) 4 bills covering 3.5 years
2)-Provisional Driving Licence (Wife)
3)-Gas/Electric Bills (Mine)
4)-Bank statement (Mine)
5)-Hospital test results (Wife)
6)-Hospital test results (Mine)
7)-GP registration (Wife) but only 1 year old, We send the NHS card back for correction and recently received the new one.

The documents on her name does not cover every month. Is this a problem?

Thanks.

surajban

Post by surajban » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:42 am

jinkazama_11 wrote:

Thanks sushdmehta
The problem is that majority of documents are on my name. Only water bill is on joint names. According to SET(M) form, Section 10, Note 8 (on page 15) letters should be spread over the whole 2 years. Does this mean that we have to show the letter for every single month over the 2 years period?
I only have following documents. could you please tell me if they are sufficient.

1)-Water bill (Joint) 4 bills covering 3.5 years
2)-Provisional Driving Licence (Wife)
3)-Gas/Electric Bills (Mine)
4)-Bank statement (Mine)
5)-Hospital test results (Wife)
6)-Hospital test results (Mine)
7)-GP registration (Wife) but only 1 year old, We send the NHS card back for correction and recently received the new one.

The documents on her name does not cover every month. Is this a problem?

Thanks.
But this is a bad news for me as i am going to apply ILR in may 2011 with my dependant and i dont have much on her name.

I come under HSMP ILR JR policy, please guys can someone help as this apply to dependants of JR policy applicants.

hsmp2tier1

Post by hsmp2tier1 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:08 am

Hi Sush, Please can you post the link to the new SET(O) form. When I'm accessing, it's showing the old form (11/2010).

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Post by jinkazama_11 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:04 pm

hsmp2tier1 wrote:

Hi Sush, Please can you post the link to the new SET(O) form. When I'm accessing, it's showing the old form (11/2010).

nmehta
United Kingdom

Re: Work permit + Tier 1

Post by nmehta » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:34 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
nmehta wrote: they assess against my date of application (which is before 31st March) but will not hold true if they consider it against the date when Tier 1 was granted (17th April 2009).
Date of application ... not the date of decision / entry in UK.

Sushdmehta, does your response still hold true given the form is worded differently now. Now the new Form states (on page 19) the following

"* you can only claim points for a Bachelor’s degree level qualification if you have previously been granted leave to enter or remain as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant, Writer, Composer or Artist or a Self-Employed Lawyer; and that leave was granted before 31 March 2009."

Just for reference, my application was made before 31st March but the stamping and the letter from UKBA is dated 17th April 2010 and I have a bachelor's degree.

I am too nervous now. Thanking you in anticipation of your reply.

Regards,
Nikunj

hsmp2tier1

Post by hsmp2tier1 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:48 pm

jinkazama_11 wrote:
hsmp2tier1 wrote:

The above link is showing me the version 11/2010 form and not 04/2011 (supposing this is the latest version)

bmowen
Newly Registered

Post by bmowen » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:04 pm

hsmp2tier1 wrote:
The above link is showing me the version 11/2010 form and not 04/2011 (supposing this is the latest version)
Try clearing your browser history. That link should show the form dated 04/2011

hsmp2tier1

Post by hsmp2tier1 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:05 pm

bmowen wrote:
hsmp2tier1 wrote:
Try clearing your browser history. That link should show the form dated 04/2011
Thanks bmowen, F5 did the trick.