ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Guidance (SET O) - No consideration to pre-nov HSMPians

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sys_sagar

New Guidance (SET O) - No consideration to pre-nov HSMPians

Post by sys_sagar » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:10 pm

I just ready new guidance of SET (O) released today but after having read that, they only mentioned that the applicants who applied for their first entry before april 2006 come under JR-HSMP and all the rest need to give 'Life in the UK test'.

Now, this is not what was told before. I came here on basis on application made between april 2006 & nov 2006.
According to new guidance, I dont come under HSMP (settlement)-JR

Can somebody from seniors read through new guidance and suggest me if I do some under JR for settlement or not?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:28 pm

If one had applied for HSMP approval before 07-Nov-06, then the applicant is covered by the HSMP (ILR) JR review policy which states that LITUK is not a requirement at the time of settlement for such applicants (read para 4 of the document).

The "new" guidance clearly states:
With the exception of the categories mentioned below, applicants aged 18-64 must also show that they have sufficient knowledge of the English language and life in the UK in order to qualify for indefinite leave to remain. See pages 6 and 7 of these guidance notes for more information about this.

The categories which are not subject to this requirement are the following: ex-HM Forces; bereaved partner; and highly skilled migrant under the terms of the HSMP indefinite leave to remain (ILR) judicial review policy document.
Exactly as it should be. So not sure, why there is a confusion / panic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

sys_sagar

Post by sys_sagar » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:35 pm

thanks for clarification again.
Apologies for mis-interpreting it again but as per new guidance posted today on SET(O) , the only applicats considered under JR who applied before april 2006.

So, Iam not sure if that would apply to my case.
Please see the guidance.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:40 pm

Have read it and given you the evidence you need!

The statement that you are referring to is in relation to the HSMP migrants who qualify for settlement after 4 years residence in the UK - another requirement (in addition to LITUK) that the mentioned policy document covers, but only for pre-03Apr migrants.
If you applied successfully under the highly skilled migrant programme (HSMP) before 3 April 2006, your application for indefinite leave to remain will be considered under the terms of the HSMP indefinite leave to remain (ILR) judicial review policy document.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

sys_sagar

Post by sys_sagar » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:54 pm

thanks again.

paragraph 2 of the guidance says this

[quote]

* If you applied successfully under the highly skilled migrant programme (HSMP) before 3 April 2006, your application for indefinite leave to remain will be considered under the terms of the HSMP indefinite leave to remain (ILR) judicial review policy document.

So, In the actual form, which category do i need to select

1. Tier(1) Migrant - which is my current category
2. HSMP covered under JR document ( see main guidance)

Now as per main guidance , i didn't apply before april 2006 but certainly covered under JR document.

[/quote]

smartplant
Newly Registered

Post by smartplant » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:20 pm

See below

Please follow following link

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... es/part6a/

Have a look 6A Paragraph 245CD requirements a, b, d, e , f , h

now shouldn't have problem for prev 7 Nov 2006 category
sys_sagar wrote:thanks again.

* If you applied successfully under the highly skilled migrant programme (HSMP) before 3 April 2006, your application for indefinite leave to remain will be considered under the terms of the HSMP indefinite leave to remain (ILR) judicial review policy document.

Now as per main guidance , i didn't apply before april 2006 but certainly covered under JR document.

salina02

Post by salina02 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:48 pm

smartplant wrote:See below

Please follow following link

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... es/part6a/

Have a look 6A Paragraph 245CD requirements a, b, d, e , f , h

now shouldn't have problem for prev 7 Nov 2006 category
sys_sagar wrote:thanks again.

Thanks smartplant, Its much clearer now.