ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will the new Tier 1 rules affect already issued visa. Urgent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ssm4u
India

Will the new Tier 1 rules affect already issued visa. Urgent

Post by ssm4u » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:25 am

Hi,

I've granted my UK Tier 1 General Visa from 15 Sep 2010 till 15 Sep 2012.
I'm planning to travel on 1/May/2011.
I need the clarifications to the following queries. Please help.

1. Will I be affected by the new immigration rule i.e No Tier 1 visa will be issued to people from 6 Apr 2011.

2. Do I need to carry any additional supporting document while traveling to UK apart from my passport.

3. When I've applied the points req were 75+10+10. So can I apply for an exetension under that rule after my initial 2 year visa.

4. I'll be lagging 8 months from the final 5 yera required policy for applying "Indefinite Leave to remain". Is there anyway I can work in that direction.

All helps are really appreciated.

Thanks,
ssm4u
ssm4u

bash
BANNED

Post by bash » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:09 am

hey,i too have the same query.
i will be leaving in april 3rd week.
we wont be effected by the new rules if u read the new policy guidelines.

ssm4u
India

Post by ssm4u » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:04 am

Thanks. I've also gone through the regulations. But would like to double check from the senior members on this forum.
ssm4u

prisat
Member of Standing

Re: Will the new Tier 1 rules affect already issued visa. Ur

Post by prisat » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:13 pm

ssm4u wrote:Hi,

I've granted my UK Tier 1 General Visa from 15 Sep 2010 till 15 Sep 2012.
I'm planning to travel on 1/May/2011.
I need the clarifications to the following queries. Please help.

1. Will I be affected by the new immigration rule i.e No Tier 1 visa will be issued to people from 6 Apr 2011.
http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteconte ... dance1.pdf
Please go thru the guidance document. And No is the answer for you.
2. Do I need to carry any additional supporting document while traveling to UK apart from my passport.
Some cash in pounds / Details of your stay and all the documents that you submitted (including ur original academic transcripts) at the time of fililng your VISA application. You may carry a chest xray and a MC
3. When I've applied the points req were 75+10+10. So can I apply for an exetension under that rule after my initial 2 year visa.
http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteconte ... dance1.pdf
Please go thru the guidance document. And Yes is the answer for this question.
4. I'll be lagging 8 months from the final 5 yera required policy for applying "Indefinite Leave to remain". Is there anyway I can work in that direction.
ILR is ILR. As far as i believe there is no compromise on that. You should have got into UK within 28 days of your Visa start date which is on the VISA stamping of your passport. If you are not satisfying this, then no ILR can be applied after your 5 years (Initial VISA + 1 Extension) completion. Alternatively you will have apply for two extension before you apply for ILR again. I may be wrong. Please go thru UKBA website for more details on this.

There are several residential requirements. The applicant must:-

¬have been resident in the UK for at least five years (this is known as the residential qualifying period); and
¬have been present in the UK five years before the date of your application; and
¬not have spent more than 450 days outside the UK during the five-year period; and
¬not have spent more than 90 days outside the UK in the last 12 months of the five-year period; and
¬not have been in breach of the Immigration Rules at any stage during the five-year period.

Husbands, wives and civil partners must:-
¬have been resident in the United Kingdom for at least three years (this is known as the residential qualifying period); and
¬have been present in the United Kingdom three years before the date of your application; and
¬have not spent more than 270 days outside the United Kingdom during the three-year period; and
¬have not spend more than 90 days outside the United Kingdom in the last 12 months of the three-year period; and
¬have not been in breach of the immigration rules at any stage during the three-year period.

All helps are really appreciated.

Thanks,
ssm4u
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.

ssm4u
India

Post by ssm4u » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:46 pm

Thanks indianinworld for your crisp and valuable reply.
Could you please tell me what is the meaning of MC.
ssm4u

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:04 pm

ssm4u wrote:Thanks indianinworld for your crisp and valuable reply.
guessing but seems like medical clearance/check but not sure you actually need to carry anything with you
pennyless

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:03 pm

ssm4u wrote:Thanks indianinworld for your crisp and valuable reply.
Medical Certificate for X-Ray... Any average hospital, when you go for a general check up and request for a x-ray - they would get you an x-ray and also the Doctor (not the lab assistant in the hospital) will give an opinion that no issues / tb found (First time entrants will have to go thru a check up). You can use that or just submit ur x-ray at the UK Airport.
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.