ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Traveling before receipt of Biometric residence permit (BRP)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Olash
Newly Registered

Traveling before receipt of Biometric residence permit (BRP)

Post by Olash » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:59 am

Can anyone please advice if it is possible to travel out of the UK (to my home country) after I have received by passport (still awaiting BRP) from the Home Office. Current leave to remain has expired though but letter from HO says application was approved. The travelling is EXTREMELY URGENT and IMPORTANT. I was thinking of having my family send the BRP to me in my home country by courier when it arrives at home (UK) so as to facilitate my entry when I'm coming back to the UK.

pkgahlyan
Newly Registered

Post by pkgahlyan » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:19 am

Hi Olash
It is not recommended to leave before you get BRP for 2 reasons from my personal experience:
1. BRP is a secure delivery, which means that only you can receive the delivery and that too after showing photo ID
2. If some information is wrong in BRP then Home office need to be notified immidiately

Normally BRP should be reaching you in 1 or 2 days after passport so my recommendation is to wait.

One useful tip is to contact DX Secure (the delivery company for BRP) with your details and ask them if your delivery is in process. This is helpful in tracking if your BRP is sent back for some reason (which was in my case).

Parveen

Olash
Newly Registered

Post by Olash » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:08 pm

Hi Parveen,
Thanks for your advice. I hope the BRP will come as soon as u have mentioned. Does that mean my family cannot collect it for me even if I've gone to work?

goodies901

Post by goodies901 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:23 am

I received my card yesterday (yes sunday by dx Secure - they were using private car-Micra to be specific!!)...someone needs to be around to sign for it. They never asked for my ID.