ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

BANDAR

Post by BANDAR » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:39 pm

hello all friends the problem is we all share in 2009 my dream is not over

BANDAR

Post by BANDAR » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:02 am

but can we trust themthey say they look @ 2009 in the middle ?

nd2011

Post by nd2011 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:07 am

IRISH PHAROE wrote:
monte wrote:I want to say few things:
- the processing time of applications really vary from applicant to applicant some people get approval in 24 months, majority around 30-36 months and for few unlucky fellows it's >36 months.
when they say start processing means that they opened the first few files of that period and they are going to request garda and social welfare reports which can take up to one year, so people who applied in mid 2009 might get their approval end of 2011 or early 2012.
R there any other opinions regarding the process?
I applied mid 2009 but since yesterday I'm frustrated as I knew they started to process the apllicants of mid 2009 and they did not send me anything asking for further documents.
I feel getting the approval is something too far to get or it is kind of dream and I'm fraid that dream become nightmare with receiving of refusal letter.
Ha ha ha!!! sorry, do you really mean you`re fraustrated simply because inis have not written you requesting for additional documents? What makes you think they`re not dealing with your file? Did you not consider the likely implications of inis requesting for an additional document that might be beyond your reach? Your prayer should be for inis to positively finalize your application without demanding any additional documents from you like they did to some of my friends. I applied early May 2008 and didn`t receive any request letter from inis till late March 2010, and mid September 2010 when additional doc was requested.

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:51 am

nd2011 wrote:
IRISH PHAROE wrote:
monte wrote:I want to say few things:
- the processing time of applications really vary from applicant to applicant some people get approval in 24 months, majority around 30-36 months and for few unlucky fellows it's >36 months.
when they say start processing means that they opened the first few files of that period and they are going to request garda and social welfare reports which can take up to one year, so people who applied in mid 2009 might get their approval end of 2011 or early 2012.
R there any other opinions regarding the process?
I applied mid 2009 but since yesterday I'm frustrated as I knew they started to process the apllicants of mid 2009 and they did not send me anything asking for further documents.
I feel getting the approval is something too far to get or it is kind of dream and I'm fraid that dream become nightmare with receiving of refusal letter.
Ha ha ha!!! sorry, do you really mean you`re fraustrated simply because inis have not written you requesting for additional documents? What makes you think they`re not dealing with your file? Did you not consider the likely implications of inis requesting for an additional document that might be beyond your reach? Your prayer should be for inis to positively finalize your application without demanding any additional documents from you like they did to some of my friends. I applied early May 2008 and didn`t receive any request letter from inis till late March 2010, and mid September 2010 when additional doc was requested.
Hi nd2011,
Do you mean in some cases they do not request any more dicuments?
peace on you

BANDAR

Post by BANDAR » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:12 pm

thanks monte; ;ve just finnished speaking with female from tipperery office. swhe kindly told me that they are only dealing with 2oo8 applicants and i must be patent as they will take at least 1 more year- my application is for march 2oo9 well must i just wait ? please share infomation with us, thank you.

jangs
Newly Registered

Post by jangs » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:25 pm

Hi Lads,
Spoke to lady in Citizenship section today and she told me that they had received reports from external agencies for 08 batch, but they had not been put in applicant's files yet. I am from Oct 08 batch.

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:11 pm

BANDAR wrote:thanks monte; ;ve just finnished speaking with female from tipperery office. swhe kindly told me that they are only dealing with 2oo8 applicants and i must be patent as they will take at least 1 more year- my application is for march 2oo9 well must i just wait ? please share infomation with us, thank you.
And as they are dealing with 2008 applicants why they are not clear and put in their website that they are commencing processing of mid 2009.
what a transparent process?!!!!!!
peace on you

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:00 pm

IRISH PHAROE wrote:
BANDAR wrote:thanks monte; ;ve just finnished speaking with female from tipperery office. swhe kindly told me that they are only dealing with 2oo8 applicants and i must be patent as they will take at least 1 more year- my application is for march 2oo9 well must i just wait ? please share infomation with us, thank you.
And as they are dealing with 2008 applicants why they are not clear and put in their website that they are commencing processing of mid 2009.
I'm one of 08 applicant as well. Still waiting......

One of my friend who applied in Dec 07, hasn't got his yet.

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:23 pm

Jangs, many thanks for the update!..I hope my report is among these ones received.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:38 pm

IRISH PHAROE wrote: And as they are dealing with 2008 applicants why they are not clear and put in their website that they are commencing processing of mid 2009.
Just to lend in some clarifications about this and I have seen a few posts around on the issue as well.

Let me start by saying, I can only speak for applications made based on 5 years residency as I understand that the numbers and details of required documentations and checks done for other categories are different. Also the summary I provide here is based on my personal experience and from evidence of what we've seen on the forum. Please do not take this as a form of legal or authoritative representation of INIS operations.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When INIS says "we have started further processing" take that as literary meaning, we are beginning to dust off your files received in mid 200X and we will now start to process it.

==> The so called further processing stage involves

i)Rechecking for any supporting documents that might be required that weren't picked at the initial stage.
ii)Send out a letter to applicants requesting additional documents - Payslips, P60s/21s, etc (and yes, some people are never asked for additional documents any any stage, but I have to say based on my observation, majority are)
iii)Send out report request to Gardi and social welfare.

I know there appears to be some disagreement as to which comes first (ii) or (iii)? I am convinced that they do (ii) before (iii) in most cases. Another strong possibilities is that they send both set of request out at the same time.

The time frame recorded here so far to complete i to iii above have varied between 3 - 18 months depending largely on how quickly the reports arrive from the so called outside agencies (Garda & SW office).

Note: One more important factor I'll like to share with people is that the time frame between when INIS receives each of the outside agency report is important. We've had cases here in the past where SW reports were received and Garda reports arrived more than 6 months later. In such instances, INIS had to re-request the SW report as it was not considered recent enough to make a valid decision. This could set off a potential cycle where reports verification may drag on unnecessarily. What I did on the advice of some knowledgeable forum member, and I've always advised others to do is; If it's more than 6 months since you submitted additional documents and you haven't received anything back, obtain your SW report from the SW office and send it to INIS. They do accept SW reports sent in by applicants themselves and do send them update SW every 3-6 months to ensure that you are not snookered by the recency factor.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

==> Once all relevant reports are received, the file moved to what INIS calls advanced stage. This involves:

i) An officer looks at all the material facts and information provided on the application, documentations reports etc and makes a recommendation to approve or refuse the application
ii) A second (generally more senior) officer cross checks and agrees or disagree with the 1st officer.
iii) Applications sent to the ministers office for final approval or refusal based on the recommendation of officer 1&2.

The time frame between (i) & ii) has been noted to vary between 5 weeks to 3 months.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this is of assistance to people and as i said please don't take this as the final word but some kind of guidance to help clarify some confusions as I have observed them here.

Goodluck to all - Ã

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:19 pm

9jeirean wrote:
IRISH PHAROE wrote: And as they are dealing with 2008 applicants why they are not clear and put in their website that they are commencing processing of mid 2009.
Just to lend in some clarifications about this and I have seen a few posts around on the issue as well.

Let me start by saying, I can only speak for applications made based on 5 years residency as I understand that the numbers and details of required documentations and checks done for other categories are different. Also the summary I provide here is based on my personal experience and from evidence of what we've seen on the forum. Please do not take this as a form of legal or authoritative representation of INIS operations.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When INIS says "we have started further processing" take that as literary meaning, we are beginning to dust off your files received in mid 200X and we will now start to process it.

==> The so called further processing stage involves

i)Rechecking for any supporting documents that might be required that weren't picked at the initial stage.
ii)Send out a letter to applicants requesting additional documents - Payslips, P60s/21s, etc (and yes, some people are never asked for additional documents any any stage, but I have to say based on my observation, majority are)
iii)Send out report request to Gardi and social welfare.

I know there appears to be some disagreement as to which comes first (ii) or (iii)? I am convinced that they do (ii) before (iii) in most cases. Another strong possibilities is that they send both set of request out at the same time.

The time frame recorded here so far to complete i to iii above have varied between 3 - 18 months depending largely on how quickly the reports arrive from the so called outside agencies (Garda & SW office).

Note: One more important factor I'll like to share with people is that the time frame between when INIS receives each of the outside agency report is important. We've had cases here in the past where SW reports were received and Garda reports arrived more than 6 months later. In such instances, INIS had to re-request the SW report as it was not considered recent enough to make a valid decision. This could set off a potential cycle where reports verification may drag on unnecessarily. What I did on the advice of some knowledgeable forum member, and I've always advised others to do is; If it's more than 6 months since you submitted additional documents and you haven't received anything back, obtain your SW report from the SW office and send it to INIS. They do accept SW reports sent in by applicants themselves and do send them update SW every 3-6 months to ensure that you are not snookered by the recency factor.

==> Once all relevant reports are received, the file moved to what INIS calls advanced stage. This involves:

i) An officer looks at all the material facts and information provided on the application, documentations reports etc and makes a recommendation to approve or refuse the application
ii) A second (generally more senior) officer cross checks and agrees or disagree with the 1st officer.
iii) Applications sent to the ministers office for final approval or refusal based on the recommendation of officer 1&2.

The time frame between (i) & ii) has been noted to vary between 5 weeks to 3 months.

I hope this is of assistance to people and as i said please don't take this as the final word but some kind of guidance to help clarify some confusions as I have observed them here.

Goodluck to all - Ã

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:29 pm

Aceform wrote:
That's very well drafted. Cheers for that 9j.

Any idea of to how long it takes once the application reaches Ministers office.
5 weeks would be about average time-frame. Bank/public/summer holidays may mean additional 1 or 2 weeks.

9jeirean

monte

Post by monte » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:07 pm

9jeirean thanks,

very well written informative post, are you journalist haha?
a friend of mine who applied September 2008 got his approval yesterday, he was asked for additional document October 2010.

good luck everbody.

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:14 pm

9jeirean wrote:
Aceform wrote:
That's very well drafted. Cheers for that 9j.

Any idea of to how long it takes once the application reaches Ministers office.
5 weeks would be about average time-frame. Bank/public/summer holidays may mean additional 1 or 2 weeks.

9jeirean
Thanks again. Long live 9j

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:22 pm

Thanks 9jeirean for the clarification.
your style of explaination is brilliant.
peace on you

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:34 pm

monte wrote:9jeirean thanks,

very well written informative post, are you journalist haha?
a friend of mine who applied September 2008 got his approval yesterday, he was asked for additional document October 2010.

good luck everbody.

He he he.... Journalist? I wish. :lol: I am a medical practitioner guys so neither glamorous nor rich :wink: .

Good luck guys

9jeirean

Latan

Post by Latan » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:50 pm

A medical practitioner !! U must be earning mega-bucks ! I'm looking for a decent (value-for-money medical-aid)....HSF...or VHI- what do u think ?

Anyway just back from a lovely break- :D Wotz happening with '09 applications ? Lets kick some butt...

Latan

Post by Latan » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:19 pm

NEWS FLASH....NEWS FLASH....NEWS FLASH !!!

"I am unhappy with the length of time it takes to process citizenship applications. I have initiated steps within my Department to provide for a speedier processing of applications and to bring about a substantial reduction in the time scale. When the Department is in a position to implement these new arrangements an announcement will be made."

Well, Latan just can't wait anymore.... :lol:

Yours sincerely

"Class of 2009"

myimmigrationboards

Post by myimmigrationboards » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:35 pm

i have highlighted some important points below:

Denis Naughten (Roscommon-South Leitrim, Fine Gael)

Question 17: To ask the Minister for Justice and Equality the plans he has to reform the immigration system; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [7009/11]
Alan Shatter (Minister, Department of Justice, Equality and Defence; Dublin South, Fine Gael)

The Government’s plans for the immigration system are outlined in the Programme for Government which commits to the introduction of comprehensive reforms to the immigration, residence and asylum systems including a statutory immigration appeals mechanism, which will articulate rights and obligations in a transparent manner.

Deputies will be aware that the Immigration, Residence and Protection Bill 2010 has been restored to the Dáil Order paper. It is my intention to bring forward amendments to the Bill at Committee Stage. One of my main objectives is to provide for a transparent and efficient immigration system which will support the overall economic and social goals of the Government. This will be complemented by a commitment to fair procedures for migrants supported by the statutory appeals mechanism which I have asked my officials to develop.
The Programme for Government also elaborates on programmes in key sectors which will be supported by specific immigration initiatives.

I will explore with my Government colleagues the possibility of a new agreement on visitor visas with the United Kingdom, offering tourists the opportunity to visit the UK and Ireland with one visa, at a reasonable cost to tap into the tourism market for significant events such as the forthcoming 2012 Olympics.The recent launch of the Education Ireland brand underpins the Government’s commitment to encourage more international students to study in Ireland and to create new jobs in the sector. Our target is to double the number of international students studying in Ireland with a particular focus on students from India, China and the Middle East. To that end we will overhaul the student visa regime and ensure that advertising, diaspora policies and quality assurance systems are strategically developed to best position the international education sector. I am aware that a lot of work has already been done in this area and in some cases it is a matter of bringing that process to a speedy and successful conclusion.

We will also look at the immigration regime to see what we can do to provide further encouragement to postgraduates and researchers. We will also permit postgraduate students to be allowed to work in Ireland for up to a year after they complete their studies. High-value research students will be permitted to bring families if they are staying more than two years.

I am also of the view that we need to look at how we can use the immigration system to tap into the entrepreneurial capacity of current and future migrants and also to bring investment into Ireland. My Department is looking at proposals in this area.

The commitments regarding the immigration system will be underpinned by the Government’s programme for public sector reform. In addition to the independent appeals mechanism which I have already spoken of, we will examine the structures which deliver immigration policies with a view to improving overall performance and added value for the taxpayers. We have committed to the efficient processing and determination of citizenship applications within a reasonable period of time and already I have asked my officials to consider the administrative or legislative reforms which will be required in this area. I am determined to ensure that progress in reducing backlogs in this area is made at an early date.The Deputy will also be aware of the commitment in the programme for Government in relation to the potential transfer of responsibility for the Passport Office to my Department.

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:49 pm

Latan wrote:NEWS FLASH....NEWS FLASH....NEWS FLASH !!!

"I am unhappy with the length of time it takes to process citizenship applications. I have initiated steps within my Department to provide for a speedier processing of applications and to bring about a substantial reduction in the time scale. When the Department is in a position to implement these new arrangements an announcement will be made."

Well, Latan just can't wait anymore.... :lol:

Yours sincerely

"Class of 2009"
Latan, when did you apply on 2009?
I applied on July 2009, so let's keep each other (and all of 2009 applicants) updated.
peace on you

Latan

Post by Latan » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:33 pm

Latan applied June 2009.

"Class of 2009."

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:51 pm

Latan wrote:Latan applied June 2009.

"Class of 2009."
yes we are class of 2009, but who knows when is the graduation day?
peace on you

Latan

Post by Latan » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:59 pm

Well said, hopefully "graduation day" is around the corner !!

"Class of 2009."

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:32 pm

Latan wrote:Well said, hopefully "graduation day" is around the corner !!

"Class of 2009."
hopefully we are not living in a circle where there is no corners. :D
peace on you

Latan

Post by Latan » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:57 pm

Sure- it was www.KildareStreet.com, Thursday, 7 April 2011.

"Class of 2009."