ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how can prove initial application date?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mmymm
Newly Registered

how can prove initial application date?

Post by mmymm » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:07 pm

hello expert,

how can find my first application date in the visa?

there is almost 3 months between my application date and the start of visa start date.... and my birthday is after the applicationd date but before the visa valid date....

so how can I prove my initial application date ? my initial age point was given according to my application date (the fee I payed and the finger prints were given on that application day.)

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:06 pm

The British Embassy should have the details of your visa application on file. Get confrmation of your application date from them.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: how can prove initial application date?

Post by rajesh9pl » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:46 am

mmymm wrote:hello expert,

how can find my first application date in the visa?

there is almost 3 months between my application date and the start of visa start date.... and my birthday is after the applicationd date but before the visa valid date....

so how can I prove my initial application date ? my initial age point was given according to my application date (the fee I payed and the finger prints were given on that application day.)
Sorrry.... but... May i ask where do you need to proove it?

s_saini
India

Hi

Post by s_saini » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:36 am

Hi

I think he is looking to claim point, on his extension application. I am also in same boat.

3 months difference in Visa date and Application date, bit confused about age points on extension.

I know its clearly written that your age will be taken on initial date of application. But in require documents to proof it is bit confusing, because no initial Date of application is written on passport. Visa issue date is mentioned.

I am thinking they defiantly have that date in their database. lol

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:08 pm

When extension is applied your current age is used to claim points in Age Section/attribute. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Based on above, it does not matter what was your age when your initial application was made.

bango

Post by bango » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:47 pm

@Rajesh: WRONG.

When applying for first extension the original date of application is taken into consideration.
If someone applies when they were 27 years old and after 3 years if they apply for extension they will be 30 eventually losing points on age.Therefore the date of first application is taken into account.

To the O/P.
Request Sar from home office and it will show your original application date.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:42 pm

bango wrote:@Rajesh: WRONG.

When applying for first extension the original date of application is taken into consideration.
If someone applies when they were 27 years old and after 3 years if they apply for extension they will be 30 eventually losing points on age.Therefore the date of first application is taken into account.

To the O/P.
Request Sar from home office and it will show your original application date.
I can not believe. Can others please share their views?

You do loose points but you gain work experience and get salary hike(more salary means more points).

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:53 pm

found this discussion...

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=74830

My previous reply was solely based on PBS calculator. I have not followed recent changes and discussion. I am also surprised to learnt these changes. Good for us. Thanks.

kmj_005

could you please clarify this

Post by kmj_005 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:14 pm

Hello Sir/Madam,

In the Tier 1 General visa, I have got 10 points for the age during the initial application, But for the extension if I apply before 2 months, I will get 20 points for my age. Will I able to get 20 points during the extension. Could you please help me to clarify this as I need to apply in advance 2 months before, to get the age 20 points, to reach the eligible 75.

Thanks in advance.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: could you please clarify this

Post by rajesh9pl » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:46 am

kmj_005 wrote:Hello Sir/Madam,

In the Tier 1 General visa, I have got 10 points for the age during the initial application, But for the extension if I apply before 2 months, I will get 20 points for my age. Will I able to get 20 points during the extension. Could you please help me to clarify this as I need to apply in advance 2 months before, to get the age 20 points, to reach the eligible 75.

Thanks in advance.
These days age points are measure based on date of initial application. Hence, it your age points will remain same, no matter when do you apply extension.