ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parliamentary approval - rules coming from 6th April 2011

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

boxing_boy
BANNED

Parliamentary approval - rules coming from 6th April 2011

Post by boxing_boy » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:43 pm

Hi,

I am aware of changes for ILR from 6th April 2011, as I am going through forum regularly since last week.

I can see new ILR SET(O) form available on UKBA website as well. Does that mean, new rules are in action and applicable to the person, who is applying for ILR on or after 6th April 2011 ?

My question may look stupid.. But the reason I am raising here is because of this link http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/settlement/. If you visit URL, where it says
Subject to Parliamentary approval, the rules for settlement in the UK will change on 6 April 2011 as we tighten the current criteria.
Has Parliament approved ILR rules ? If it is the case, then site should not display this message.

Please can you post your reply on this ?

Thank you in advance.
Boxing boy.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:18 pm

Reading these posts should help.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

genorp

Post by genorp » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:22 pm

The rules are in effect. "Subject to Parliamentary approval" is just the qualifying statement they use to cover themselves. Parliament doesn't need to expressly approve the rules. It's approval by virtue of them not saying "no."
Plus the content of the website takes a while to get updated. They post news and new forms but there are so many bits of information it takes them time to update fully which is why they have a disclaimer on the bottom. For instance Tier 1 (General) is still talked about but nobody will be able to get it.

boxing_boy
BANNED

Post by boxing_boy » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:26 pm

Thanks sushdmehta & genorp for quick response.