ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Im Elaine and i need your Suggestions, Thanks in advance.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Elaine_Dublin
Newly Registered

Im Elaine and i need your Suggestions, Thanks in advance.

Post by Elaine_Dublin » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:50 pm

My name is Lanny and i am from Dublin Please excuse me because i am new to this fourm i would like to post my problem here for you to respond so all the expertise give me a few suggestions.

I met my boyfriend on facebook in January 2010 through a friend of mine he introduced me to him and than we took things slowly. He is from Lehore Pakistan want to visit him in August for 10 days in total. I actually fell in love with him and short summary is that i want him to come over here love him to bits and will do anything to be with him i am thinking of marrying him because this seems to be the only way he can come up here also willing to answer any questions you may have but please go easy on me i am new to this and posted this after a lot encouragement.

I just wanna know if there is any hope for us without being married? if not than i will have to take that option and it is my idea of being realistic I work as a SUP for the past 7 years and never been in trouble with the law etc.

I dunno what else to say but please ask me anything and i will try answering it for you.
thanks
Last edited by Elaine_Dublin on Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ca.funke
Belgium

Re: I am Elaine from Dublin and i need your genuine HELP !!!

Post by ca.funke » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:17 pm

Hi Elaine,

I can´t help you content-wise, but I´d strongly advise you to change the topic of your post away from "I am Elaine from Dublin and i need your genuine HELP !!!", as per >>these suggestions<<!

Good luck in your Pakistani adventure!
Rgds, Christian
Last edited by ca.funke on Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elaine_Dublin
Newly Registered

Thank you

Post by Elaine_Dublin » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:26 pm

ca.funke i hope this is not a smart answer from you because the last thing i need is smart answers from people here. I dont see anything wrong with my post but just as a matter of interest i can accomodate it.

Guys can you please ask questions and tryna help me out here.

thanks

ca.funke
Belgium

Re: Thank you

Post by ca.funke » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:33 pm

Elaine_Dublin wrote:ca.funke i hope this is not a smart answer from you
If you care to read through some of my 600+ posts you´ll see that I´m not the type to give "smart" answers.

In my post above I forgot to say: "welcome to the forum :!:"

Sincerely wishing you good luck!

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:56 pm

Sorry to say this, but I'd rate your chances of getting your boyfriend over to Ireland between nil and slim. Even if you guys got married, it is important to realize that marriage to an Irish citizen (I'm assuming you're Irish) does not automatically confer residency rights to the non-EEA spouse.

Even worse, when it comes to submitting an application for a visa/residency, you guys would be hard-pressed to provide solid, documentary evidence that you have a real, substantive and durable relationship since you've only met once in the 16 months you've known each other. This is because for the purposes of immigration, internet relationships are essentially worthless.

The only real avenue for you guys to be together in Europe/Ireland is to go through the EU route. That is to say, you guys would have to get married and then begin the administrative hurdles to move to another EU country. (Again, I am assuming you're an Irish national. Please correct me if I'm wrong.) The obvious downside is that you're going to have to give up your life in Ireland for at least 6 months while you either work, study or be economically self-sufficient in another EU country. After time spent exercising your EU treaty rights in another European country, you could then apply to return to Ireland and your spouse would be assessed under EU rules.

Bottom line: It'll be extremely difficult, but not necessarily impossible, to get your boyfriend over here.

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:16 pm

Let me get this you met your BF on FB and in Pakistan not here in Ireland. How many times have you been to Pakistan to see him or he came over here do you mind me asking. You are on a long distance relationship and to prove it to Immigration department is a tad difficult to say the least. De facto relationships are considered by the irish immigration services but it is very very difficult. A guy i know from India living with his Irish partner for 4 years have a 2 year old daughter just got his stamp few months ago. His case was pending with immigration services for around a year. It is not impossible but is very difficult, i agree with sideshowsue. You need to show tickets, visas in your passport and what not to prove this is a genuine relationship also if you are not econimicaly active in Ireland this will also go against you.

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:08 am

To go the unmarried partner (Irish National route) you will need documentary evidence (bills, rental agreements, bank statements, official correspondence) showing that you have been living together for at least 2 years (this is the same for the EU route).

To go the spouse of Irish national route, you would probably need a decent amount of documentary evidence too. You would need to get married in Pakistan as it would be probably too hard for him to get a visa before you are married. This application can take up to a year sometimes more to process and during that time your husband would not be allowed to work. You would also have to apply for D Visa - Join Spouse after you are married so that he can enter Ireland and you will have to have enough money to support both of you.

To go the spouse of EU national route, you would need to get married in Pakistan and move to another EU country (assuming you are Irish), for example, the UK or Northern Ireland. If you were to move to one of the above, you would need to apply for an EEA family permit (which you will also need some documentary evidence for) to allow your husband to enter the UK/NI. Once he has arrived, he can work immediately. You then have 3 months from the date you enter UK/NI to find employment or set up a business. You need to remain there for a sufficient amount of time exercising your treaty rights (working, self-employed) and 6 months or more would be considered sufficient. You would, as soon as your husband has arrived and you are exercising your treaty rights, apply for his residence card using the application EEA2.

You need to be prepared for a lot of waiting and you seriously need to do your research into each avenue to ensure which one would be best for you.

What is your citizenship? (I assumed you were Irish) And do you have any other citizenship?
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:42 pm

Well, I have been to lahore a lot of time...nice city to visit.

Elaine, every is asking you the same question that If you are Irish?

This is very important because if you are not then your case is very strong. You can get married in Pakistan and then go with him to another EU country if you wish or apply a visa for your husband to come to Ireland.