ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MrsJKH
Newly Registered

Post by MrsJKH » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:58 pm

Well there's no need to worry as all appeal papers are sent to first tier tribunal in Leicester. They do all their checks etc and then forward to abudhabi. Like you said 19 weeks... So it can be anytime soon. I've luckily got my visa which I can't believe...my hubby just needs to collect which I'm hoping is next week. Like I said don't hesitate ringing the Leicester office. I've just joined this forum and I think I should stop as I should be working but instead I'm on me I phone.... It's good to see people supporting each other.. Inshallah everyone will get good news... Just keep praying and try and be patient (which is difficult.) all the best everyone

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:44 pm

MrsJKH wrote:Well there's no need to worry as all appeal papers are sent to first tier tribunal in Leicester. They do all their checks etc and then forward to abudhabi. Like you said 19 weeks... So it can be anytime soon. I've luckily got my visa which I can't believe...my hubby just needs to collect which I'm hoping is next week. Like I said don't hesitate ringing the Leicester office. I've just joined this forum and I think I should stop as I should be working but instead I'm on me I phone.... It's good to see people supporting each other.. Inshallah everyone will get good news... Just keep praying and try and be patient (which is difficult.) all the best everyone
Yeah no doubt, I love supporting and the support that I receive, don't know of any forum out there can top this right here.

She's calm now, I told her there is possibility for overturn to happen anytime soon, doesn't necessarily need to happen end of May/early June. It's only been 5 weeks now so far for me. From 13 weeks to now saying 5 weeks, lol what a push back.

The main thing here is that my parents are in Pak until around Mid May so we're ALL hoping that she can get her visa sorted before that so that she can come with my parents - that would be sooooo awesome.
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPqzu-0I

P.S. Above spreadsheet no longer being monitored and edited by myself.

MrsJKH
Newly Registered

appeals

Post by MrsJKH » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:36 pm

Inshallah

I think you will have no problem getting a successful appeal, hopefully end of March/early April. It took me about 12 weeks from submitting appeal papers to receiving a positive outcome. Just keep praying to Allah and he will remember you. That's what I did and everything just fell into place.. I feel soooo lucky and blessed. Still can't believe it.

My dear husband got his visa granted In Feb and I got the first plane to Islamabad thinking I can bring him back with me LOL.... I should have chased call in letter sooner as we did nothing until I emailed on March 8th and received it the next day. I came back on my own.....

Hopefully he can come back with my Uncle who leaves at the end of April.

Anyway I said I wont come on this forum again but look at me.. I should be working away. :)

All the best

J

MrsJKH
Newly Registered

Post by MrsJKH » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:51 pm

Shadow86 wrote:
MrsJKH wrote:Well there's no need to worry as all appeal papers are sent to first tier tribunal in Leicester. They do all their checks etc and then forward to abudhabi. Like you said 19 weeks... So it can be anytime soon. I've luckily got my visa which I can't believe...my hubby just needs to collect which I'm hoping is next week. Like I said don't hesitate ringing the Leicester office. I've just joined this forum and I think I should stop as I should be working but instead I'm on me I phone.... It's good to see people supporting each other.. Inshallah everyone will get good news... Just keep praying and try and be patient (which is difficult.) all the best everyone
Yeah no doubt, I love supporting and the support that I receive, don't know of any forum out there can top this right here.

She's calm now, I told her there is possibility for overturn to happen anytime soon, doesn't necessarily need to happen end of May/early June. It's only been 5 weeks now so far for me. From 13 weeks to now saying 5 weeks, lol what a push back.

The main thing here is that my parents are in Pak until around Mid May so we're ALL hoping that she can get her visa sorted before that so that she can come with my parents - that would be sooooo awesome.
Note: You emailed AbuDhabi so.. It has not been 5 weeks for you.. The whole process.. From sending to First Tier Tribunal then sending to Abu Dhabi.... and then AbuDhabi reviewing case and reaching a decision. So you begin counting from the day first tier receive the appeal papers LOL The day is closer for you now. They have the appeal papers and are reviewing.

BTW appeal papers sent to the UK Border Agency there will be a delay before they are sent to the First-tier Tribunal. Everyone send direct to First Tier…
J

missy12
Newly Registered

Post by missy12 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:51 pm

Salam!

Hey outcome of the Visa was REJECTED!!! I cant believe it im in shock still. Thre basis on their decision was that there wasnt any proof of contact made between me and hubby ( which there was because there was some calling cards and phone bills and also he had his mobile bill showing calls made to me)

And another reason was that hubby didnt state he had applied for a student Visa in 2006 whcih he thought he didnt need to state as he was now applying for the settlement visa.

I will now need to APEAL!!!!!

PLEASE could you tell me the process of the appeal. My hubby will be sending me all the documents for the visa and what is it I am meant to do once I have them.

I am seriously in the state of shock for the reasons to their decision.

Please HELP!!!!!

Need advise....

missy12
Newly Registered

Post by missy12 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:26 pm

missy12 wrote:Salam!

Hey outcome of the Visa was REJECTED!!! I cant believe it im in shock still. Thre basis on their decision was that there wasnt any proof of contact made between me and hubby ( which there was because there was some calling cards and phone bills and also he had his mobile bill showing calls made to me)

And another reason was that hubby didnt state he had applied for a student Visa in 2006 whcih he thought he didnt need to state as he was now applying for the settlement visa.

PLEASE could you tell me the process of the appeal. My hubby will be sending me all the documents for the visa and what is it I am meant to do once I have them.

Please HELP!!!!!

Need advise....

ALSO... APPARENTLY HUBBY SAYING HE HAS BEEN ADVISED TO DO THE APPEAL HIMSELF FROM PAKISTAN... IT THAT RIGHT????

MrsJKH
Newly Registered

Post by MrsJKH » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:00 pm

Missy12 I read your post and I 100% know what you are going through. Mine was rejected because of lack of contact before marriage thus they believe it's not genuine marriage. I left 5 days after wedding. Honestly wen I read your post my heart went. I actually cried when I found out my hubbys visa was rejected. He appealed in Pakistan and it wad a complete nightmare with the solicitor over there. I'm sure you can appeal here in the uk. Go to a solicitor first thing tomorrow if you can. They need to hear from you as well. I applied in June 2010 was rejected. Appear in nov 2010 successful in feb 2011. My husband us picking passport inshallah next week.

INshallah everything will work out for you Sis. I'm just about to pray and I'll make dua for you. Appeal process as follows. Complete relevant appeal forms with supporting evidence. I got corner shop keeper to write letter along with his contact details that I was buying calling cards for 1 year. Send lots if marriage photos. I sent about 50 lol. Write a letter. You will need to write something about his student visa ap as well. Send all grounds appeal to first tier tribunal. They will send confirmation to representative. They will forward to Abu dhabi and they will either overturn original decision or take you to a court hearing. Ensure you send as much supporting evidence as this is your only chance or it will drag...

khan786

Post by khan786 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:51 pm

Shadow86 wrote:

Wow, my parents are also in Pakistan and i am hoping my wife's visa is overturned by June so she can come back with my parents.
Submitted on 5/10/10
Decision Refused 24/12/10
Appeal 17/01/11
Notice of Pending 7/02/11
Appeal Upheld...
Court Hearing 17/8/11

MrsJKH
Newly Registered

Post by MrsJKH » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:08 am

batleykhan wrote:
missy12 wrote:

Please HELP!!!!!

Need advise....

ALSO... APPARENTLY HUBBY SAYING HE HAS BEEN ADVISED TO DO THE APPEAL HIMSELF FROM PAKISTAN... IT THAT RIGHT????
You cant appeal from Pakistan.The appeal must be completed by sponsor who is normally based in UK. It is not done by the applicant in Pakistan. Remember you have 28 days to appeal otherwise its to late and you will then have to reapply and start from scratch and pay teh fee again.

Furthermore you can only attach new documents with your appeal on the points you were refused. You cant send other documnets.
Yes you can appeal from Pakistan and I am living poof. My husband lodged an appeal in November and it was granted in Feb

MrsJKH
Newly Registered

Post by MrsJKH » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:15 am

MrsJKH wrote:
batleykhan wrote:
missy12 wrote:

Please HELP!!!!!

Need advise....

You cant appeal from Pakistan.The appeal must be completed by sponsor who is normally based in UK. It is not done by the applicant in Pakistan. Remember you have 28 days to appeal otherwise its to late and you will then have to reapply and start from scratch and pay teh fee again.

Furthermore you can only attach new documents with your appeal on the points you were refused. You cant send other documnets.
Yes you can appeal from Pakistan and I am living poof. My husband lodged an appeal in November and it was granted in Feb
You can send what ever documents you want but obviously they need to be based on the points you were refused on. I sent then after appeal was lodged as it was done in Pakistan and I wasnt too happy with what was sent. So I sent marriage photos - 50, letter from myself, letter from corner shopkeeper to state I bought calling cards, my O2 bill (only made a couple of calls after I was married). Seek professional advice from a solicitor. If you want to lodge appeal in UK get documents fast from hubby. If not then he should act now. Jabs
Last edited by MrsJKH on Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zaf

APPEAL

Post by zaf » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:44 pm

Please HELP!!!!!

Need advise....
BEST thing to so is to APPEAL yourself just get husband to email or fax the refusal notice .all the information /guidance is located here http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... f19appeals
THE IAFT-2 FORMS are downloadable from here:
http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov. ... idance.htm
i dont know the full details of your case but i would advise getting in touch with a good immigration solicitor .
you have 28 days from day your husband got the refusal notice so i would address the reasons for refusal then send all new documents including IAFT-2 forms to the immigration tribunal address :
First-tier Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum Chamber)
PO Box 6987
Leicester
LE1 6ZX

Premier
Newly Registered

Post by Premier » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:46 pm

[quote="missy12"][quote="missy12"]Salam!

PLEASE could you tell me the process of the appeal. My hubby will be

sending me all the documents for the visa and what is it I am meant to do
once I have them.

Sorry to learn the outcome of application. Don't worry it could be sorted out if handled sensibly. It doesn't matter you lodge the appeal or the applicant. The keep point is to address the reasons of rejection. You need to prove them how you kept in touch after getting married. In my opinion ECO's major concern is intention of applicant. He should had state his earlier application. Now to satisfy this reason, you must inform and prove them if he had continue his studies after rejection of student visa. Secondly what he has been doing in Pakistan since rejection of his student visa, proof of Job or business. Make them understand and trust that your husband married you not only because he just want to come to UK but both of you intend to live together regardless of the outcome of application. Living together only in UK should not be the condition but could be a priority.

Asil_88

r

Post by Asil_88 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:20 pm

'Lack of contact with the spouse' this reason has caused number of applications to be rejected. Im bit worried about this too, as i will be applying for my wife's visa in near future InshALLAH. im not entirely sure what would be good evidence of contact.
At present iv got
1)e-mails
2)Few phone bills ( but they dnt list the contact number they just list service number used to make call e.g planet talk.
3)i knw calling cards are not good evidence as they dnt proof any contact.

would letter from the shop keeper, confirming the regular purchases, be enough????

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Re: r

Post by Shadow86 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:44 am

Asil_88 wrote:'Lack of contact with the spouse' this reason has caused number of applications to be rejected. Im bit worried about this too, as i will be applying for my wife's visa in near future InshALLAH. im not entirely sure what would be good evidence of contact.
At present iv got
1)e-mails
2)Few phone bills ( but they dnt list the contact number they just list service number used to make call e.g planet talk.
3)i knw calling cards are not good evidence as they dnt proof any contact.

would letter from the shop keeper, confirming the regular purchases, be enough????
Exporting "skype calls" log was the BEST thing I could have done in my application.

Don't really see the letter from shop keeper helping much because purchasing a calling card and actually calling your partner are different in the sense that purchasing a calling card won't guarantee that u called ur partner with it.

From ur list, emails is strong.

As you said that u will apply in future then for the next couple of months (IF u haven't done so already) get skype and call ur partner through that and take screenshots of call duration and export a calls log from it. This coupled with your emails is solid enough and the other stuff can become irrelevant.

khan786

Post by khan786 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:57 am

What happens if the ecm don't reply by the date listed on notice of pending
Submitted on 5/10/10
Decision Refused 24/12/10
Appeal 17/01/11
Notice of Pending 7/02/11
Appeal Upheld...
Court Hearing 17/8/11

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:03 pm

khan786 wrote:What happens if the ecm don't reply by the date listed on notice of pending
Simple. The appeal goes to court hearing.

MrsJKH
Newly Registered

Post by MrsJKH » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:51 pm

I sent an email to abudhabi embassy re status of husbands visa. Basically it's been granted and he has submitted passport .. Just waiting to collect and I got this message Dear Mrs. Hussain,

Thank you for your email dated 07th April 2011, enquiring about your husband’s settlement visa application. I have forwarded your email to our colleagues at the British High Commission in Islamabad and they shall contact your husband in due course.

Yours sincerely

M. HANNOUT
CASEWORK AND CORRESPONDENCE TEAMLEADER  Visa Section| UKBA, International Group (UAE) | British Embassy, Abu Dhabi |

Do you think they gave sent it back to Islamabad and they will be contacting my husband

jami
Member of Standing

Post by jami » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:32 pm

For missy 12

I think it would be better to re-apply and this time provide the evidence which was lacking earlier. Extra cost of visa fee should not be deciding factor in such cases where timing matters

Appeal to tribunal is lengthy process of 10-12 months as against that reapplying outcome would take 2-3 months. but I invariably advice for re-applying as in best interest of applicant . However, protective appeal is also filed as there is no appeal fee.

Manno1

Post by Manno1 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:04 pm

Salam All,

I have received a letter via email yesterday. I guess its a call letter???

With reference to your application(s) for entry clearance, please call your nearest Gerry's International Visa Application Centre on 0900 10411 on any working day with the exception of public holidays to get an appointment for the submission of your passport(s).

UKBA aim to process allowed appeals within 8 weeks of official notification of the determination. Because we may need additional information or to assess whether there have been any significant changes in your circumstances since the original decision, we have yet to make a final decision on your application. But supplying the information below, making these arrangements and providing your passport as soon as possible will assist us in progressing your case more quickly. There will be no additional charge for this service.

We are able to post date visit visas for up to three months so it is important therefore that you contact us as soon as possible even if you do not intend to travel straight away.

When you attend the Gerry's International Visa Application Centre, please bring with you:

§ This letter. Your passport will not be accepted at the UK Visa Application Centre if you fail to present this letter.
§ Your passport and the passport(s) of any member of your family if mentioned above. The passport(s) should have at least six months validity.
§ Passport copy of the sponsor showing current Immigration status.
§ TB certificate. Any applicant over the age of 11 going to the UK for 6 months or more is required to hold an up to date TB certificate. Your TB certificate should be valid at the time of arrival in the United Kingdom. The TB certificate is only acceptable if it is issued by International Organisation for Migration (IOM), and their clinics are in Islamabad, Lahore, Karachi and Mirpur. You may wish to book an appointment by calling 051-111-466-472 between 08:00 to 13:00 Monday to Friday. Please note your entry into United Kingdom may be denied if you are travelling to the UK without a valid TB certificate in your possession.

Yours sincerely,
Head of Post Decision Team
UKBAIG Abu Dhabi

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:05 pm

Yes Manno1 that is a call letter indeed.

Congratulations!!!!!! :) your partner has been granted the visa.

Now promptly provide them with the requested stuff and inshallah your partner will be with you very soon.

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:53 pm

manno...ur not added on the spreadsheet??...(unless i missed it)...giv us sum details bout when u applied and rejected and the rest of it plz...i wana kno how long it took :)..plzz..thankyou hehe

thats ofcourse if u dont mind

Manno1

Post by Manno1 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:15 pm

Shadow86 wrote:Yes Manno1 that is a call letter indeed.

Congratulations!!!!!! :) your partner has been granted the visa.

Now promptly provide them with the requested stuff and inshallah your partner will be with you very soon.
Thank you very much! See now even good news seem to be a confusion lol I wish all of you very best of luck! InshALLAH we all will hear a good news soon!

Manno1

Post by Manno1 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:18 pm

XnailaX wrote:manno...ur not added on the spreadsheet??...(unless i missed it)...giv us sum details bout when u applied and rejected and the rest of it plz...i wana kno how long it took :)..plzz..thankyou hehe

Thank you very much! I think I was on the spreadsheet. My details are following:

Applied application: 30/11/2010
Refused:30/12/2010
Ready for collection: 11/01/2011
Sent an appeal against decision: 24/01/2011
Received call letter: 10/04/2011

missy12
Newly Registered

Post by missy12 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:02 pm

jami wrote:For missy 12

I think it would be better to re-apply and this time provide the evidence which was lacking earlier. Extra cost of visa fee should not be deciding factor in such cases where timing matters

Appeal to tribunal is lengthy process of 10-12 months as against that reapplying outcome would take 2-3 months. but I invariably advice for re-applying as in best interest of applicant . However, protective appeal is also filed as there is no appeal fee.

Hi thanks for that.

Wel wat hubby has been advised to do is submit further proof for them to review.
I dont no wat is going on to be honest. its so stressing.
I thought I was meant to appeal from here in the UK?

God noz, im jst goin along with wotever hes doing, i hope its right

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:54 pm

XnailaX wrote:manno...ur not added on the spreadsheet??...(unless i missed it)...giv us sum details bout when u applied and rejected and the rest of it plz...i wana kno how long it took :)..plzz..thankyou hehe

Her details are on the "Appeals" tab to the far left :)

Hmmmm so Manno has been refused after me but has received her call letter before me. Interesting :P.

The positive side to that being of course that yes anytime now us September applicants can receive a response anytime soon now. So with that in mind all I gotta say to that is NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! 8)