ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric enrolment appointment

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aahma
Newly Registered

Biometric enrolment appointment

Post by aahma » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:41 am

i applied for a switch from PSW to Tier-1 (General) along with a dependent(spouse), my application was received on 21/03/2011 and the payment was deducted the same week.
I received my Biometric enrollment invitation letter dated 29/03/2011 yesterday advising me to book an appointment online. I did so but the earliest date I could get was 10/05/2011, I read on the website that applicants can also use the Post office walk-in service to enroll their biometrics for a nominal fee of GBP 16.20, However on one of the earlier discussions on this forum someone had mentioned that the walk-in service could only be used by Individual applicants and not applicants with Dependants. Is that correct? If so, is there a way to get an earlier date for appointment than 10/05/2011 :( . I will really appreciate your response and guidance, Cheers.

Regards,

Ali

obc 14

Post by obc 14 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:35 pm

why cant you book seperate appointments?because i did the same thing.

aahma
Newly Registered

Post by aahma » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:43 pm

obc 14 wrote:why cant you book seperate appointments?because i did the same thing.
Are you talking about the ukba appointment centres? By separate you mean Different one for me and my wife or multiple ones?

obc 14

Post by obc 14 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:49 pm

yes.i got the bio metric letter 25/03/2010. but they given me only one option. i need to give bio metric details only on home office.but me and my wife having no appointments on home office untill may. so we book seperetly bio metric appointments.we will get any way different case numbers.so we book same day but different times

aahma
Newly Registered

Post by aahma » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:56 pm

obc 14 wrote:yes.i got the bio metric letter 25/03/2010. but they given me only one option. i need to give bio metric details only on home office.but me and my wife having no appointments on home office untill may. so we book seperetly bio metric appointments.we will get any way different case numbers.so we book same day but different times
Oh great, did that help in you getting an appointment sooner? currently Ive gotten one for 10/05/2011. Do you think applying separately would help us in getting an earlier appointment time? (apologies for the long questions, but I am really glad to speak to someone in the same stage of the application process as myself)

aahma
Newly Registered

Post by aahma » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:10 pm

There is no option for me to ammend my current booking or to book a different date on the UKBA booking website :( I guess we will have to wait for 10/5/2011 :(

lokesh

Post by lokesh » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:53 pm

obc 14 wrote:yes.i got the bio metric letter 25/03/2010. but they given me only one option. i need to give bio metric details only on home office.but me and my wife having no appointments on home office untill may. so we book seperetly bio metric appointments.we will get any way different case numbers.so we book same day but different times

I don't understand how does it make difference in appointment dates if it is a single booking or joint booking(with dependent)....i thought the dates are allocated as per queue irrespective of the applicant status(i.e either single or with dependent)...please let me know if iam missing something here???

kasu
Newly Registered

reg: BRP enrollment

Post by kasu » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:37 pm

Hi all,

I am having same problem? I was trying to get th dates for BRP with dependent but there was no dates available before may. But when I tried separately I got few dates on 7th april. So, I applied separately. But I am not sure whether home office will allow this?????? though got encouragement from obc14 post.

But on the other hand it really doesnt make sense

1. First they have very funny way of booking dates (individual and dependent). Believe me you wont find a single date if you try to apply together.

2. If both main and dependent needs to apply together they why issues two different case number and say that both of them need to register?? doesnt make a sense to me at all.

Well your quick replies will be highly appreciated as i got booking and want to go their with full confidence, rather than get disappointed after reaching there...........btw is there any document where the homeoffice has mentioned that both main and dependent should have one BRN. I didnt find any..........soooooooooo help pleaseeeeeeeeeee

cheers,
Kasu

lokesh

Re: reg: BRP enrollment

Post by lokesh » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:00 am

kasu wrote:Hi all,

I am having same problem? I was trying to get th dates for BRP with dependent but there was no dates available before may. But when I tried separately I got few dates on 7th april. So, I applied separately. But I am not sure whether home office will allow this?????? though got encouragement from obc14 post.

1. First they have very funny way of booking dates (individual and dependent). Believe me you wont find a single date if you try to apply together.

2. If both main and dependent needs to apply together they why issues two different case number and say that both of them need to register?? doesnt make a sense to me at all.

Well your quick replies will be highly appreciated as i got booking and want to go their with full confidence, rather than get disappointed after reaching there...........btw is there any document where the homeoffice has mentioned that both main and dependent should have one BRN. I didnt find any..........soooooooooo help pleaseeeeeeeeeee

cheers,
Kasu
This is what it given in UKBA website

What is a family group?
A family group is made up of the main applicant and all dependants who are applying at the same time. If you are applying and have dependants included on your application, you must make appointments for them at the same time as you make your own appointment.
If the application you are submitting is a biometric application you must attend the appointment as a family group.

The following people cannot be considered as part of your family group:

Persons over the age of 18
Other relatives making a separate application in another category

lokesh

Re: reg: BRP enrollment

Post by lokesh » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:11 am

lokesh wrote:
kasu wrote:Hi all,

cheers,
Kasu
This is what it given in UKBA website

What is a family group?
A family group is made up of the main applicant and all dependants who are applying at the same time. If you are applying and have dependants included on your application, you must make appointments for them at the same time as you make your own appointment.
If the application you are submitting is a biometric application you must attend the appointment as a family group.

The following people cannot be considered as part of your family group:

Persons over the age of 18
Other relatives making a separate application in another category

Hey Kasu,

Iam in the same situation as you are....i did not get any booking before May but have to settle with the given date i.e 9th May, i booked with my dependent and today i got single BRN no for both of us...I dunno wether you could give biometric details seperately even though your dependent is part of your applicant....i suggest you to call HO and clarify with them....

mirosgrimaldi
Newly Registered

Biometric Enrolment Appointment

Post by mirosgrimaldi » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:49 am

Hi All,
Same problem here. I'm switching into Tier 2 and received my letter for Biometrics very quick. There are 2 letters, one in my name with a reference number and another in my dependant name with another reference number.
When I tried to use the booking system it only gives you an appointment date for May when you put both persons together for 1 appointment, but if you try to make appointments for 1 single person you could find spaces available even in the same week.
So I was wondering if I could grab an slot next to each other, 1 for me and 1 for dependant. Also when you register by the website, you got different logins and passwords for the main applicant and the dependant. So I contacted the Immigration Enquiry Bureau and they told me NO, that you can't book single appointment for each person for Biometrics IF you have both apply together for your visa (meaning that if you submit 1 application together for you and ur dependant at the same time), so therefore you can only book a 'family appointment' and not 2 single Biometric appointments.
The other thing that concerns me is that in your letter requesting Biometrics, there is a line that it says that you have only 15 working days from the day of the letter, otherwise your application may be consider invalid. So between end of March and second week of May there are much more than 15 working days. They said that no to worry since they are aware of the long waiting times to get a family appointment.
I also ask if I could do it in a post office but they also said no, that only single applicants can do it in a post office but no open for family appointments.
It seems to be very unfair to have much more difficulties to book when you are a family than when you are single applicant. it should be the opposite in my opinion or at least equal.
I managed to get an appointment by third week of April, but i have to travel to the Cardiff Centre, since London centres have nothing available until 2nd week of May 2011.
This is really taking over a moth wasted just in the Biometrics.

kasu
Newly Registered

hello all

Post by kasu » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:12 pm

Hi guys

Well I told you about the problem which is same for few of us. I took a risk and went for biometric yesterday and it was done without any problem. Even I told them it dependent application, they said its fine. Dont try the online booking number, try to call the centre where you are booking appointment where they will give you right suggestion and will also allow dependents. This will save time.

Hope this will help to the future applicants who will be facing similar kind of problem in future.

Kasu

GTIERT1
Newly Registered

Hi All

Post by GTIERT1 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:36 pm

Thanks Kasu for the info.

I have also booked separate appointment for me and dependent at croydon at 11.10 and 11.20 AM as all the family appointment were available in mid MAY.

Could please let me know what I have to tell them at croydon office so that
they will consider this as family appointment?
does it require lot of convincing to the officer at the office?

Many Thanks

mirosgrimaldi
Newly Registered

Biometrics enrolment appointment

Post by mirosgrimaldi » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:55 am

Hi Again,
I actually contacted the phone booking line for biometrics and they were the ones who told me that it was NOT possible to book 1 appointment for me and a separate one for my dependant, even though they have available slots next to each other. I hanged up and waited a while and call back again and spoke to a different agent and was given the exact same info. I did not tell them my ref number or anything and I used a different telephone line (from my office). My parter tried 1 more time calling from his office and again was told the same thing.
Basically they said that it MUST be the same BRP -booking reference number- for both if we have submitted our papers together.
What it amazes me is the inconsistecy that we are all told different stories. If there is another reliable way I would go immediately. Is there maybe someone from HO in this forum or perhaps a moderator who can guide us on the matter, please?

lokesh

Re: hello all

Post by lokesh » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:46 pm

kasu wrote:Hi guys

Well I told you about the problem which is same for few of us. I took a risk and went for biometric yesterday and it was done without any problem. Even I told them it dependent application, they said its fine. Dont try the online booking number, try to call the centre where you are booking appointment where they will give you right suggestion and will also allow dependents. This will save time.

Hope this will help to the future applicants who will be facing similar kind of problem in future.

Kasu
Thanks Kasu for your info......i tried to re-book as single applicant but the customer center refused to do so....they say i have to go for a family booking otherwise my booking will be rejected and earliest booking slot for family applicant is last week of May...can't understand why there is so much difference between a single applicant and family applicant.....only option for me to book early is to cancel my current booking and book online as a single applicant....it looks like too much hassle to get it altered, so better stick to my current booking...anyway thanks for your info and it should be very helpful for future family applicants.

anotherguy
Newly Registered

Post by anotherguy » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:31 pm

Hi guys, Same situation here. I got an e-mail from HO asking me to book the biometric appointment, called the call center, and guess what...i got an appointment for 19th May which is 6 weeks away....can't help it...

kasu
Newly Registered

dates for dependent

Post by kasu » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:05 pm

Hey all,

Well I dont know but I might have got lucky. But anyway, it doesnt make sense to me at all when biometric is all individual irrelevant of being family . The information given by call center and the biometric center staffs are completely different. The biometric center didnt care much about where you are individual or family, they take all as the same way as long as there is not much time difference in two slots.

Try calling the number of specific center rather than the call center number given in bio-letter. May be you will get different reply, nothing wrong in giving it a try.

But I really make out of all these process is the booking center is run by third party and the slots are being sold to agents which is later sold to the clients. Otherwise there wont be chance of having no dates for family and lot of dates for individual. What do u guys think,
Anyway all the best, I will try to post the number where I verified and they said its alright to go individually.

All the best,

Kasu

muji111

only surname in passport

Post by muji111 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:37 pm

Dear all.

Please if any one have the same situation or any sugestion plz help me.

My wife got only surname in her passport. When i applied for biomatric online after registration, and try to book an appointment togather i recieved an error because on the form it is mandatory to provide both forename and surname. What should i do now?

Plz reply

roopasrivats
Newly Registered

Post by roopasrivats » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:19 pm

Hello Kasu,
How to find out the number specific to the center. I am unable to find that in internet.

Great to hear that individual appointment worked for u, but i have a 2 year old too, any suggestions on how this would work for me?

Thanks,
Sri