ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Most companies ask for Security clearance

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Vipps2810
Newly Registered

Most companies ask for Security clearance

Post by Vipps2810 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:19 pm

Hi I've just arrived to UK on Tier1 valid till sep-2012 but while applying most companies ask for security clearance, can any one explain what if you don't have security clearance.

light_tunnel

Post by light_tunnel » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:22 am

With a Tier-1 visa you cannot apply for SC jobs as they require you to be a citizen or having Indefinite Leave to Remain status.

abbi123

Post by abbi123 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:28 pm

I am SC cleared on tier 1 visa, but one need to be in UK for 5 years to get SC cleared,

prisat
Member of Standing

Re: Most companies ask for Security clearance

Post by prisat » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:06 pm

Vipps2810 wrote:Hi I've just arrived to UK on Tier1 valid till sep-2012 but while applying most companies ask for security clearance, can any one explain what if you don't have security clearance.
Nothing wrong. But apply for jobs which dont require a security clearance. If the ad explicitly says that you should have SC or should be qualified to take a SC, then dont apply for that as that requirement will need resources to work on sensitive government / defense / banking projects.
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.