ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from PSW and course starts in June 2011

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:13 pm

thanks for the info...so there is no way he can remain in the UK, he lost his appeal as well!

so what are the chances of him gettin entry clearance from abroad and can he use his UK account for that.. he has paid all the fees as well and is nearin to complete term 1.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:46 pm

terriblescream wrote:thanks for the info...so there is no way he can remain in the UK, he lost his appeal as well!

so what are the chances of him gettin entry clearance from abroad and can he use his UK account for that.. he has paid all the fees as well and is nearin to complete term 1.
when did he recieve the determination from the tribunal dismissing his appeal?

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:03 pm

Greenie wrote: when did he recieve the determination from the tribunal dismissing his appeal?
couple of weeks back...now hes appealed with upper tribunal

but has no hopes

himu
Newly Registered

Post by himu » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:49 pm

hi,sorry to interrupt.but i wish somebody can help me with my situation.cos i am not 100 percent clear with the new rules.

i am on psw and it is expiring on 2nd week of may.i wish to get admission in mba(i already did msc from uni) starting in mid june. can i apply before 21 april 2011?if i apply then home office will give visa from may 2011 when my psw ends or before that?how long will be the visa?is it course length plus 4 months?

please help.

thank you
masood

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:00 pm

himu wrote:hi,sorry to interrupt.but i wish somebody can help me with my situation.cos i am not 100 percent clear with the new rules.

i am on psw and it is expiring on 2nd week of may.i wish to get admission in mba(i already did msc from uni) starting in mid june. can i apply before 21 april 2011?if i apply then home office will give visa from may 2011 when my psw ends or before that?how long will be the visa?is it course length plus 4 months?

please help.

thank you
masood
There should not be more than 1 month gap

so for example if your leave expires on 14th of May 2011, your course should start by 13th of June 2011

You can apply 3months before your course starts regardless of u being in the UK. They will grant you the visa from the date you make your application and the University will be responsible for you from that date even though you do not being studies with them until the course starts

himu
Newly Registered

Post by himu » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:43 am

thank you very much for your reply.lastly,home office gonna provide me the visa with full course length plus four months?does it differ for in country or out of country applicant?

thank you

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:46 pm

himu wrote:thank you very much for your reply.lastly,home office gonna provide me the visa with full course length plus four months?does it differ for in country or out of country applicant?

thank you
Does not differ, you will get 4months extra from the date your course ends

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:44 pm

A
terriblescream wrote:
himu wrote:thank you very much for your reply.lastly,home office gonna provide me the visa with full course length plus four months?does it differ for in country or out of country applicant?

thank you
You'll only get 4 months after the end of your course if the course is at least 12 months long.

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:36 am

Greenie wrote:A
terriblescream wrote:

thank you
You'll only get 4 months after the end of your course if the course is at least 12 months long.
Thanks for the reminder Greenie, I did not include that because he already mentioned it as an MBA so I did not have to get in tht detail.. he asked whether he would get it in country or outside so I told him :)

MBA lasts atleast 12 months

himu
Newly Registered

Post by himu » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:12 am

thanx guys.i am very glad and grateful to you.

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:53 am

No problem :)