ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents after 6 April

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

thunderera

Documents after 6 April

Post by thunderera » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:36 am

Hi,
I came on WP on 2006 May, changed WP to a new company on 2007 May, again changed to T1 on 2008 and worked for the same company until now. I can apply for ILR end of April.
Can someone let me know what will be the documents I should provide? I will have bank statements for 59 months except first month, pay slips for 4 yrs, 4 P60 except for first yr and letter from current employer that i will continue to have employment from them.
I didnt get payslips for first year but salary came to bank. And I found the first company has closed down recently so cannot get any letter from them.
Really greatfull if someone update their experiance after 6 April on what documents are really required. If the documents I have are not enough will i have to wait another year? I plan to apply in person.

Thanks.

londongirl10
Newly Registered

Post by londongirl10 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:37 pm

You don't need bank statements for all 5 years. It is fine to have P60s only to prove that you have been working.
You need pay slips and bank statements for period of 12 (15) months before application.

thunderera

Post by thunderera » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:35 pm

Thanks for the reply. On the new Set (O) application under 10L does it mean I have to give documentation for the period i spent on WP category? What are the proof I need to show I have been economically active for the five yr period? I have only bank statements for the first year.

londongirl10
Newly Registered

Post by londongirl10 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:46 pm

As I already said you need to provide P60 forms for all the years and bank statments and pay slips for last year to claim points.
You also need a letter from your WP employer stating you have been working there.

thunderera

Post by thunderera » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:36 pm

Sorry but my problem is i will have only following.

1. Four P60s. Dont have one for first year.

2. Pay slips. No pay slips for first year. My first company didnt give me copies and I didnt request.

3. All banks statements except first month showing automated payment of salary.

I can't get a letter from my previous employer for the first year as the company seems to be closed now. I left it after one year when it didnt look doing well.

Will it mean I have to wait another year until i can show documents for continuous five years?

thanks again.

londongirl10
Newly Registered

Post by londongirl10 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:11 pm

I really don't know. They will ask for some proof of what you've been doing during your first year on WP. Try talking to someone with better knowledge of immigration rules

thunderera

Post by thunderera » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:45 pm

Thanks. Hope someone who applies after 6th with similar WP+T1 catagories will share their experiance on what documents are required at the interview.

Gopaalan

Post by Gopaalan » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:02 pm

thunderera wrote:Thanks. Hope someone who applies after 6th with similar WP+T1 catagories will share their experiance on what documents are required at the interview.
There are numerous success stories in this forum detailing the documents they took to PEO for ILR applications and the ones UKBA actually asked. But after the new rules are in place, there's a change in requirements. We are all waiting for some one to post their experinces

Gopaalan

Post by Gopaalan » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:14 pm

Found one here :)

thunderera

Post by thunderera » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:40 pm

Thanks Gopaalan, Londongirl10
It looks promissing but need wait and see some other success stories to see what UKBA really wants....

thunderera

Post by thunderera » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:35 am

Another pont i need to clarify is if you have worked under couple of employers under WP before T1, do you need to get letters from each employer? I doesnt seems to be possible specially if the employer has closed down.