ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

lost job.. 8 months to ILR!!!!1

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

safatafa
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

lost job.. 8 months to ILR!!!!1

Post by safatafa » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:11 am

Hi experts

Have a query, my friend is in a pickle and needs some advice.he was removed from his post due to disciplinary action :cry: , working nearly 7 years with the company. he was a manager in a stock taking company.

He was on workpermit and due for ILR in feb 2011 since his dismissal verbally (no formal letter given yet) this month i know he has 60 days to apply for a new job but are there any laws in place so that he doesnt loose his current job? its a shame waiting for this long and loosing it. any advice welcome.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:22 am

im speculating here...

take the employer to the court. surely that will eat up some time.

also, contact citizens advice bureau. they might be able to help you - free!

wish you/him all the best

mt_dilber

Re: lost job.. 8 months to ILR!!!!1

Post by mt_dilber » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:05 pm

safatafa wrote:
He was on workpermit and due for ILR in feb 2011.

??? it is April now?? did u mean 2012? Same thing comes in my mind as advides by Arsenal49. Use court to buy time.

safatafa
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by safatafa » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:00 pm

thanks a lot for the advice and help..

i already adviced him to do that and give a go at citizens advice bureau and its feb 2012... :D

farhankhan
Newly Registered

Post by farhankhan » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:32 am

UKBA Guidnece Suggest that if you loose your job or your employer looses the licence for tier 2 the home office will only curtail your visa if you have more then six month left on your visa/ILR.
however if you have six months or less left, they will not take any action against you.
Understanding that he has got 8 months to go, ask him to request his employer not to mess arround with his Work permit for another month or so and he should be fine