ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Enquiry for TWES

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mayitbe
Newly Registered

Enquiry for TWES

Post by mayitbe » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:58 pm

I have been in TWES for about a year and company want to keep me permanently here.

As far as I saw the information from web, the TWES for working experience is no longer than two years. And it can not be switched to normal working permit directly.

So my question is:

1. There is nothing for the company to do about the permanent work permit, only I leave UK for 12 months. Am I right?

2. If the TWES is longer than a year. Is the period for staying out of UK still be the same as 12 months?

Thank you very much for any advice.

mayitbe
Newly Registered

Post by mayitbe » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:10 am

up!up!

please, anyone could answer, thank you very much!

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:34 pm

Correct, you cannot switch into a Business & Commercial work permit, you would need to be outside the UK for the specified period.

If you hold the position for 12 months or less you have to spend 12 months outside the UK, if you hold it for more than 12 months you have to spend 24 months outside the UK.
________
FORD ESSEX V4 ENGINE PICTURE
Last edited by WoodieG on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mayitbe
Newly Registered

Post by mayitbe » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:35 pm

Thank you very much. In that case, I need to discuss with my company about my status.

kanaparthyprasad
Newly Registered

Post by kanaparthyprasad » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:38 pm

Hi,
I think it is some times possible to switch from TWES to B&C. but this depends on various circumstances. However your employer has to do a resident labour search before he can apply for that change.

In my case I have successfully switched from TWES to B&C yesterday