ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success (WP Holder) - 08/04/11

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ryco1200
Newly Registered

Post by Ryco1200 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:48 pm

Hi guys,

Just wanted to give some feed back for everyone because i feel that this forum has been so helpful to me.

I got my ILR stamped in my passport on 08/04/11 at Croydon PEO under the new rules obviously. I was applying under work permit 5 years same employer with one dependant as well(wife). The process was the same as mentioned in other posts so i won't go into that, but i did wait for two hours to be seen by a case worker.

The main thing that i would like to say it that they are taking this salary thing very seriously for work permit holders as well. Luckily for me my job title was on the COP list and i am being paid just over the hourly rate. The Caseworker was working on the employers letter which stated the SOC code for my job and stated my current salary which was above the going rate.
[Moderator edit: Highlighted to catch everyone's eyeballs]

The case worker explained to me that she has to give a senior case worker my application to double check and input into the system the SOC code salary issue, as she was still unsure how to do it because the new rules were in place only two days ago.

After 30 mins she gave back my original documents and said that i have been granted ILR and to wait 1.5hours for it to be placed in our passports.

I went prepared with 5 years of cohabitation documents for my wife as stated in the new form but i was surprised ehen she did not ask for anything, i did ask her if she required this but she said no. Maybe it is because my wife and I had the same visas and stamps since 2004.

Anyway i would still recommend that people take all the cohabition documents because at the moment the ukba staff are not fully trained.

I also noticed that the ukba caseworkers did not even know about some of the pages in the new SET(O) form, particularly the section 9 for tier1. They had no idea of some of the tables etc for qualifying/calculating points. So it just goes to show that they haven't been trained properly before the new rules.

Thanks guys for everything, i'm so relieved.

ALI74

Congrtulations

Post by ALI74 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:12 pm

Contratulations

smaganti

Post by smaganti » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:17 pm

Congratulations Ryco1200...

if the job title is not in the COP list...can the employer specify the closest job title in the employer letter is it OK..? so for Workpermit holders it all depends on the employer letter..?could you please let me know the documents you've submitted..

Ryco1200
Newly Registered

Post by Ryco1200 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:30 pm

Thanks smaganti,

I think with regard to the salary issue,yes the only thing you can do is state something close to your job and have your employer state the reasons for choosing that soc code.

The most important document for me was that letter from the employer.

Documents that i was asked to submit at the counter were:
-Application form with photos
-3 months bank statements
-3 months pay slips
-All P60s(I had 4)
-Life in the uk test pass letters
-Employers Letter

Thats it.

I had taken along about 2 years bank statements, 4 years payslips, cohabitation for 5 years for my wife, marriage certificate, just for backup. You never know what they might what to ask for.

I also took photocopies of the above, but it is not compulsory if you go to a PEO. If you do take photocopies and tell the case worker it will speed up the whole process because they have to photocopy anyway.

I wish you all the best in your applications.

blay1

Post by blay1 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:26 am

Ryco1200 wrote:Thanks smaganti,

I think with regard to the salary issue,yes the only thing you can do is state something close to your job and have your employer state the reasons for choosing that soc code.

The most important document for me was that letter from the employer.

Documents that i was asked to submit at the counter were:
-Application form with photos
-3 months bank statements
-3 months pay slips
-All P60s(I had 4)
-Life in the uk test pass letters
-Employers Letter

Thats it.

I had taken along about 2 years bank statements, 4 years payslips, cohabitation for 5 years for my wife, marriage certificate, just for backup. You never know what they might what to ask for.

I also took photocopies of the above, but it is not compulsory if you go to a PEO. If you do take photocopies and tell the case worker it will speed up the whole process because they have to photocopy anyway.

I wish you all the best in your applications.
Hi
Can you please let us have a copy of the employers letter you took to the UKBA.Thanks

londongirl10
Newly Registered

Post by londongirl10 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:00 am

I would just also like to say (since I was at PEO Croydon on the 8/4) that these new rules have caught them unprepared. My case worker also said that she is still learning and that final decision will be taken by senior team, because the rules are new. She was also a bit confused with new form and she said that this change happened very quickly and that’s why they still don’t know everything.

rudransh
Newly Registered

Post by rudransh » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:20 pm

Quite useful post.

Three quick questions:

1) What proof should suffice as cohabition documents (with wife)
2) An experience certificate from ex employer stating start date and end date...will that suffice for Work Permit period.
3) Do we need some letter from current employer as well?
3.1) What should be the format?

Cheers!

York123

Post by York123 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:46 am

Ryco1200: Congratulations!

Could you please tell me how the Case worker checked the Salary criteria. Did she just checked with the employer letter or did she cross check your pay slips as well.

If I'm not meeting the salary according to the COP & if I get the letter from employer stating that I will be paid the salry as in COP in future will I get the ILR?

SunnyG
Newly Registered

Post by SunnyG » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:46 am

Congrats!
Is your job title listed in the SOC list or just specified in the employer letter?

waijei2
Newly Registered

Post by waijei2 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:39 am

Ryco1200

I would be great if you let us know the employment letter format for others as a work permit holders. So other WP holders could have some idea how it should be represnted on emplyement letter.

Many thanks

waijei

Gopaalan

Post by Gopaalan » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:56 pm

Same request to Ryco1200 from me too

I would be great if you let us know the employment letter format for others as a work permit holders. So other WP holders could have some idea how it should be represnted on emplyement letter.

Many thanks

dimsav

Post by dimsav » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:28 pm

Gopaalan wrote:Same request to Ryco1200 from me too ...
The same here -- please post your employer letter format, it would be of help for many WP holders...

Ryco1200
Newly Registered

Post by Ryco1200 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:26 pm

Hi all, just wanted to give an idea of how my employer letter was worded.

UKBA Croydon
(Address)
Date:

Re:(Your Name)

Dear Sir/Madam,

This letter serves to confirm that the above mention is in the employment of (Your Company) and has been since (Date). (your name) position within the company has been (Job Title), and has been in this role on a WP(permit No.) for 5 years. (Your name) has a current salary of £££ per annum for (number of hours) hours per week. This equates to ££ per hour which is above the published required salary in SOC(code) for (your job title)

Then just a bit of a character reference in this paragraph

Then stated that i was still required for the job.

If there are any further information required please contact me

Your Manager/Director

Thats it really.

When the case worker had my employer letter she highlighted my current salary and SOC code, and i was lucky because all my 3 previous bank statements were above the threshold. I also noticed that they have changed the form again since i applied a week ago and added the 3 months bankstatements thing, what shambles.

Anyway I think it is easier to word if your job title is in the COP. I hope this helps a little and i wish you guys the best of luck. If you give them a job title which is closest to your job and you meet the salary i don't think you will have any issues.

Jax331
Newly Registered

Post by Jax331 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:32 am

Thanks Ryco1200

rakesh2011
Newly Registered

Post by rakesh2011 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:26 pm

Ryco1200 wrote:Hi guys,

Just wanted to give some feed back for everyone because i feel that this forum has been so helpful to me.

I got my ILR stamped in my passport on 08/04/11 at Croydon PEO under the new rules obviously. I was applying under work permit 5 years same employer with one dependant as well(wife). The process was the same as mentioned in other posts so i won't go into that, but i did wait for two hours to be seen by a case worker.

The main thing that i would like to say it that they are taking this salary thing very seriously for work permit holders as well. Luckily for me my job title was on the COP list and i am being paid just over the hourly rate. The Caseworker was working on the employers letter which stated the SOC code for my job and stated my current salary which was above the going rate.
[Moderator edit: Highlighted to catch everyone's eyeballs]

The case worker explained to me that she has to give a senior case worker my application to double check and input into the system the SOC code salary issue, as she was still unsure how to do it because the new rules were in place only two days ago.

After 30 mins she gave back my original documents and said that i have been granted ILR and to wait 1.5hours for it to be placed in our passports.

I went prepared with 5 years of cohabitation documents for my wife as stated in the new form but i was surprised ehen she did not ask for anything, i did ask her if she required this but she said no. Maybe it is because my wife and I had the same visas and stamps since 2004.

Anyway i would still recommend that people take all the cohabition documents because at the moment the ukba staff are not fully trained.

I also noticed that the ukba caseworkers did not even know about some of the pages in the new SET(O) form, particularly the section 9 for tier1. They had no idea of some of the tables etc for qualifying/calculating points. So it just goes to show that they haven't been trained properly before the new rules.

Thanks guys for everything, i'm so relieved.
Hi Ryco1200,
Congrats mate. I have a few questions for yuo :).
1. Can you give a sample of your Employer letter please?
2. Was yuor wife on her own work permit too?
3. How do they know my current Job title? Just the document fromt he employer is enough?

Appreciate you help.

Cheers,
Raks