ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife in UK on settlement visa but can we get Cat D Shengen ?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

3point14
Newly Registered

Wife in UK on settlement visa but can we get Cat D Shengen ?

Post by 3point14 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:24 am

We live and work in the UK but want to travel at a moments notice to Europe, largely Spain, Italy and France, but don't want to apply for individual visas.

I have my own business and could easily operate part of that from Spain. I also lived in Spain some years ago.

Can't we just get my wife a 3 or 5 year multiple entry Shengen visa for Spain (which can be used to visit other countries) and back that up under EU law regarding accompaniment to me as a EU national exercising a right of freedom to set up business anywhere or under any other arrangement ?

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:21 am

A D type visa is a national visa and is usually only issued for special purposes. Multiple year C type visa are possible but usually only if you have gained enough credits with an embassy, i.e. the previous travel history to that country (and Schengen) will be taken into account.