ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Qulaification for ILR - Help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nathanssn
Newly Registered

Qulaification for ILR - Help

Post by nathanssn » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:44 am

Hi,

I am planning to apply ILR July 2011. Bit confused on whether I am eligible to do and what section I have to apply ? Here is my history

Came to UK on WP - June 21st 2006
SWitched to HSMP - Aug 21st 2007
Extension to Tier 1(G) - July 24th 2009
Visa Valid until 21 Aug 2012

So by June 21st 2011, I am expecting to complete 5 years continuous residence in UK and can I apply for ILR by mid of June ?

If So which category I have to select in Section 3
Section A - Tier 1 or
Section B - HSMP or
Section B - WP

I also checked that I am not falling under HSMP judicial review period.

Can anyone help me please ?

Thanks

thunderera

Post by thunderera » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:05 am

I also came to the UK on WP and switched to T1 in 2008. Now I have to apply under T1 rules. But according to new application you have to provide some information on your WP time.

shabanaimrank

Post by shabanaimrank » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:28 am

Senior members please reply to the above question I am also in similar situation i.e. Work Permit + HSMP + Tier 1. Not sure which category to go for

kunald

Post by kunald » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:57 am

thunderera wrote:I also came to the UK on WP and switched to T1 in 2008. Now I have to apply under T1 rules. But according to new application you have to provide some information on your WP time.
I think you are talking about section 10L which requires evidence from previous employer to RE-VERIFY that the person qualified for Tier-1 (or HSMP) when they first applied? If my understanding is correct the options are:

1. Produce a letter from previous employer that the person was actually earning the amount initially claimed for the grant of Tier-1 / HSMP.
2. Produce all payslips and P60 (and perhaps the bank statements) to confirm the earning?

Can any of the above suffice 10L? Please can anyone clarify?

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:19 am

I was in a similar position last year (ILR based on WP + Tier 1). I submitted my WP approval letters, Tier 1 approval letter, letter from employer, recent salary slips/ bank statement and P60 for 5 years. (and i got ILR)

IMO opinion best evidance would be Home Office letter for Tier 1 approval as that would list what points were granted to you. So if case worker wishes to clarify its easy to go point by point and demonstrate those requirements are me.