ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question on Permission to Work for my wife....

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chebas

Question on Permission to Work for my wife....

Post by chebas » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:32 pm

Hi, first of all thanks for taking hte time to read this.

We came to Ireland in Jan 2007, I'm Argentinean my Wife is Mexican. I had a green card permit and during the last renewal they renewed it for 2 years. The renewal will expire 2 months before we achieve the 60 months stay in ireland.

We have a lovely Irish baby with an irish passport and everything.

I have worked in the same company for all this time and bar 2 penalty points on my license I haven't had any problems. I'm on PAYE so my taxes are all in order etc...

Anyway my wife would like to start working part time or self employed. I read an article about parents of irish children being able to work in ireland and was wondering if there is any paperwork to submit etc. http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ire ... bbc90bb1,0

Is there anything I should be doing? what is going to hapen on my next renewal?

Thanks!!!

chebas

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:40 pm

There is detailed info here on this thread relating to your situation...

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=75262

chebas

thanks

Post by chebas » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:54 pm

cool. Quite a bit of different information, do you have any idea how long it takes to get the change of status?

thanks again!

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:25 pm

I am sorry have no idea exactly how long it takes to get a decision on this, its vey new development as well and INIS not clarifying there position properly does not help either (proves to show how efficient our public servants in INIS are).