ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What do I do when I arrive in the UK?

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

newbritsue
Newly Registered

What do I do when I arrive in the UK?

Post by newbritsue » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:26 am

I am Australian born and just got my British citizenship and passport. Now what? I have no idea what to do. I land in the UK around the 1st May (not from Australia but from Europe). What do I do? Do I register with anyone / organisation? Do I get numbers - healthcare?, tax? What if I want to start a small business? Or get a job? Are there places to go, people to see? More numbers to get? Is there a list of things i need to do?

joh118

Re: What do I do when I arrive in the UK?

Post by joh118 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:10 pm

newbritsue wrote:I am Australian born and just got my British citizenship and passport. Now what? I have no idea what to do. I land in the UK around the 1st May (not from Australia but from Europe). What do I do? Do I register with anyone / organisation? Do I get numbers - healthcare?, tax? What if I want to start a small business? Or get a job? Are there places to go, people to see? More numbers to get? Is there a list of things i need to do?
My relatives (who came to UK recently) found this helpful:

http://www.nysp.org.uk/downloads/NYSP_E ... 9e6149fc43

it's a pretty comprehensive (100 page) guide about everything you need to know.

newbritsue
Newly Registered

Thank you

Post by newbritsue » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:41 am

Thanks a lot. This is great.