ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage Certificate

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anjum786mohammed

Marriage Certificate

Post by anjum786mohammed » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:29 pm

Hi Everyone
Need a quick answer, i was supposed to send off my wifes visa application today, (my friend went Pakistan today from Birmingham), i have noticed on my marriage certificate that it was registered in 08 September 2011 when i have been married since 07 September 2007. I only got my marriage certificate about 2 weeks ago and have never seen it before since i signed it. All my details are correct but its the registration date that has worried me. I have phoned the person that took did the nikah and he said that he only registered it in September 2011, (THATS WHEN I ASKED FOR IT AND NO BODY IN MY FAMILY EVER ASKED FOR IT BEFORE THAN).
I AM VERY WORRIED NOW AS I HAVE ALL DOCUMENTS READY AND I HAVE BOOKED THE DATE IN MIRPUR FOR THE 15TH APRIL. DO YOU THINK THIS WILL BE AN ISSUE. I THINK THEY WILL DEFINITELY ASK WHY WAS THE MARRIAGE REGISTERED 3 YEARS LATER.
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME QUICKLY

stevenage

Post by stevenage » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:02 pm

Have your nikah registered in Pakistan ? if so u can fix this problem easily in Pakistan with nikah registrar, if the ECO got problem with it then you will go for appeal and will take very long time.

regards.

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:06 pm

thanks for your reply
it was registered in Pakistan, Lahore
i have talked to them and they are saying we can not change it.
has this topic came up before
more responses needed
am really worried

batleykhan

Re: Marriage Certificate

Post by batleykhan » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:49 am

anjum786mohammed wrote:Hi Everyone
Need a quick answer, i was supposed to send off my wifes visa application today, (my friend went Pakistan today from Birmingham), i have noticed on my marriage certificate that it was registered in 08 September 2011 when i have been married since 07 September 2007. I only got my marriage certificate about 2 weeks ago and have never seen it before since i signed it. All my details are correct but its the registration date that has worried me. I have phoned the person that took did the nikah and he said that he only registered it in September 2011, (THATS WHEN I ASKED FOR IT AND NO BODY IN MY FAMILY EVER ASKED FOR IT BEFORE THAN).
I AM VERY WORRIED NOW AS I HAVE ALL DOCUMENTS READY AND I HAVE BOOKED THE DATE IN MIRPUR FOR THE 15TH APRIL. DO YOU THINK THIS WILL BE AN ISSUE. I THINK THEY WILL DEFINITELY ASK WHY WAS THE MARRIAGE REGISTERED 3 YEARS LATER.
How come it was registered in September 2011 when we are still in April 2011????. Are you sure you have got the dates correct. Furthermore you got married in Sptember 2007 and you never registered your marriage at teh time?. You are calling your wife over now some 4 yrs later?. I hope you have enough proof of contact for the time that you have been away from your wife.
I think you need to sit down and take some timeout to make sure you have everything 110% right otherwise, you will be refused on so many things,you wouldnt know whats hit you.

Go the link below my name here and read my lengthy post about half way down the page. You will find everything yon need to know.

Good luck to you as you will definately need it my friend

anjum786mohammed

Re: Marriage Certificate

Post by anjum786mohammed » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:27 am

batleykhan wrote:
anjum786mohammed wrote:Hi Everyone
How come it was registered in September 2011 when we are still in April 2011????. Are you sure you have got the dates correct. Furthermore you got married in Sptember 2007 and you never registered your marriage at teh time?. You are calling your wife over now some 4 yrs later?. I hope you have enough proof of contact for the time that you have been away from your wife.
I think you need to sit down and take some timeout to make sure you have everything 110% right otherwise, you will be refused on so many things,you wouldnt know whats hit you.

Go the link below my name here and read my lengthy post about half way down the page. You will find everything yon need to know.

Good luck to you as you will definately need it my friend
SORRY IT WAS REGISTERED IN SEPTEMBER 2010, I STILL DO NOT HAVE ANY CLUE WHY MY IN LAWS REGISTERED IT SO LATE. CAN THEY REJECT THE APPLICATION THIS BASIS.
AND FOR THE OTHER POINTS BATLEY KHAN, IN THE 4 YEARS I HAVE BEEN MARRIED, I STAYED WITH MY WIFE FROM SEPTEMBER 2007 TILL MAY 2008, HAVE COPY OF AIRTICKETS, AND THEN STAYED FROM JUNE 2009 TILL OCTOBER 2009, AND THEN FROM MAY 2010 TILL SEPTEMBER 2010. I HAVE COPY OF AIRTICKETS TO PROVE THIS.
ALSO I HAVE EMAIL RECORDS TO SHOW CONTACT BETWEEN EACH OTHER SINCE 2008, AND ALSO PHONE RECORDS FOR THE PAST YEAR. AND FOR THE REASON WHY I HAVE APPLIED SO LATE IS I WAS STUDYING AT UNI.
QUICK ANSWER PLZ