ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Weekly maintenenace allowance and proof of acommodation

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

skyepark

Weekly maintenenace allowance and proof of acommodation

Post by skyepark » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:51 am

Whats the current weekly allowance that sponsor should provide maintenance for on top of rent and bills?

Also I as sponsor am renting acommodation with all bills included, should the landlord's letter mention this is the case and he can provide council bill letter with his name?

stevenage

Post by stevenage » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:12 pm

If your rent is inclusive bills, the tenancy agreement will show this clearly.

The monthly maintenance requirement is 105 but better show a bit more than that.

Regards.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:07 pm

You need to show that after paying rent, council tax and any loan repayments you have a minimum of £105.00 weekly remaining. You don't need to include utility bills, food, or personal spending.

returntotheuk
Ireland

Post by returntotheuk » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:40 am

Hi Skyepark,

I am trying to find out the same kind of information. As stated above it is 105 pounds per week after rent and council tax. If you have children also 57.57 quid per child. I have 3 kids so I need a minimum of around 275 quid.

You are best to have a letter from your landlord plus also stating how big the rooms are etc and how many rooms in the house apart from Spam and bathrooms.

I have managed to find out that I need 275 quid a week after rent and council tax has been paid but NO one seems to be able tell me how long or how many weeks savings would be needed to show if I did not have a job to go too. Is it 3 months, 6 months, 12 months? Have you found out this information?

Thanks

stevenage

Post by stevenage » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:07 am

@Casa, Thanks for correction its weekly 105. and just a quick question:

If the sponsor salary is 1000/month and she pay rent and council tax 500 per month, but nothing leaves in the account, and the applicant being working in UK for 4 years (part time) but applying from home country, and have 2000 pound for around a month, Does this fulfill the maintenance requirement ?

Is this possible that the applicant elder brother act as financial sponsor ? who is in Pakistan and being helping the applicant throughout UK stay (bank receipts can prove this).

skyepark

Post by skyepark » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:12 am

Thanks guys!
#
Returntotheuk, I read somewhere that 6 months is fine since you at minimum have to prove 6months accomodation, 12 months is better. I have saving to last me over 12 months so I am ok, if you don't you can consider 3rd party support.

Also prove your qualifications and jobs that you will be applying to and some stats about that industry if possible, more for the applicant then the sponsor. Both is better.