ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

blue registration certificate for my father - help?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amelie19
Newly Registered

blue registration certificate for my father - help?

Post by amelie19 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:56 pm

Hello everyone. I am a romanian citizen married to a UK citizen. I have successfully applied for my blue registration certificate last year and am now working and living in the UK.

My father has recently moved in with us and i would like to support his application for him to get a registration certificate as well.

He lives with us (is on the rental agreement) but doesn't contribute to anything financially - thus he is dependent on us completely(financially). He hasn't got any other family in the UK apart from me so we would consider this emotionally dependent too.

Now all this sounds ok on paper but how do i actually go about writing a letter confirming this?

What paperwork do we need to confirm his dependency to me?

We have had both birth certificates legally translated into english and we will send off the orignals as well(to prove i am his daughter) along with al the other stuff ( my registration certificate, my passport, his passport, rental agreement)

i'm just a bit worried about wording the letter that would prove his dependency.

Also. I have heard that applying for a registration certificate in person ( ie making an appointment) is quicker than posting all the documents. is that true?

Thanks in advance for all your replies. x

sjimoh112

Post by sjimoh112 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:58 pm

Hi amelie19
What paperwork do we need to confirm his dependency to me?
Anything you've got past and present. eg if you pay him money into his account (cash, bank transfer or cheque), sent him money via western union or any other agency, hospital bills you paid, perhaps letters request anything. Anything and everything you can lay your hands on, every little helps.
Also. I have heard that applying for a registration certificate in person ( ie making an appointment) is quicker than posting all the documents. is that true?

You can submit your EEA1 application:

by post to the address on the front of the application form; or
in person at our public enquiry office in Croydon. You will need to book an appointment before you visit the office, and appointments must be booked approximately 2 months in advance. For details of the public enquiry office's location, its opening times and how to book an appointment, see the Applying in person section.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... /applying/
[Moderator Edit]

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:04 am

amelie19,
your father does not need to apply for anything. As a Romanian citizen he has unrestricted right of residence in the UK, as long as he is not dependent on public funds. Because of the transitional arrangements still in force for Romanians he is not allowed to work; for that he would need special permission.
He can, of course, apply for a registration certificate, claiming to be self sufficient (financial help from friends and relatives), but you don't need to do it, and you certainly don't need so extensive evidence.

sjimoh112

Post by sjimoh112 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:40 am

Hi Amelie19

Check out the link below, it could be more useful.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... /applying/
[Moderator Edit]

amelie19
Newly Registered

Post by amelie19 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:31 am

Hi everyone and thanks for the replies. My dad needs a registration certificate because he doesn't want tO keep depending on us and wants a job so he can contribute. He wants to stay in the uk permanently. I haven't really got any letters and he hasn't got a bank account in the uk yet. He only became dependent to me when he moved over. I was thinking - tenancy agreement - me, my husbands and my dads name on it - printout of our joint account where all the bills come out of) we're getting him an account asaP so i will transfer some money weekly.
Tia xx

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:12 pm

Collecting a bunch of random documents is not going to help you. Your father need permission to work, and details of accomodation or bank account are irrelevant for that. Check the documentation that sjimoh112 pointed you to, see what is relevant in your (or your father's) circumstances and take it from there.

It will probably not be easy. Nice that your father wants to work, but to find a job in UK is difficult for anyone in their fifties, and unless your father has very specific skills and/or experience his prospects may be even less than average.

amelie19
Newly Registered

Post by amelie19 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:23 pm

I appreciate your concern but according to the website & following conversations on the phone (ukba helpline) that random bunch of information is exactly what i need, i was enquiring about putting it together ( in a letter, which is what i was told i needed to do)
I am fully aware of the job situation here, but those assumptions were not necessary. He's not in his fifties and he's got a rather large spectrum of proffesional qualifications. It was not an easy decision for him to make the move but due to the circumstances we have little choice. Again, i appreciate the help but i don't think it bears a lot of relevance to the original post.

Tia x