ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tier 1 (General) Visa extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

helpothers
Newly Registered

UK Tier 1 (General) Visa extension

Post by helpothers » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:23 pm

Hi Friends,
I have gone through various postings and replies and its quite helpful. Thanks to everyone who posted as well as those who took their precious time to share their knowledge and experience.

I have to go for my tier-1 general visa extension during mid of july 2011.
I get 35 points in Salary
35 points as I am Masters in Computers Application
5 points as UK experience

I also qualify for points on knowledge on English and maintenance funds.

I just like to know what should be ideal dates I should apply for my visa
extension. (I am planning after my may month salary, where I complete 12 months in my present position)

Some background
I got my Tier-1 General visa in 2008 but I came to uk in 2009 Oct. Worked here for 3 months and went back to india, and again came back during mid of march 2010, and started permanent position job from mid of june 2010. So in this way I will be able to show my 12 months salary slips (I fall in the range of 33000 to 35000 salary)

I would highly appreciate if anyone can suggest with their expertise knowledge.

Warm regards
Friend

tier1extn1
Newly Registered

Post by tier1extn1 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:20 am

It depends upon your long term plans.. Since you came back to uk in 2010 after a long break(more than 3 mths) you have to go for another extension if you are intending to apply for ILR(as per current rules) in the future.
It would be better if you apply within 28 days of expiry so you don't hv to go for another extn.
this is my 2 cents ;)