ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Queries on SET (O) Effective from 6th April 2011

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rudransh
Newly Registered

Queries on SET (O) Effective from 6th April 2011

Post by rudransh » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:14 pm

Hi All,

Was going through the recent form SET (O) and came across few queries. Thought others might benefit as well from the replies so start this thread.

Query 1:

*******extract from application form START ********

Section 10 L (Page 35)

10L
Tier 1 (General) migrant If you are applying for indefinite leave to remain on completing 5 years’ continuous stay in the UK made up of leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant and leave as a highly skilled migrant, work permit holder, innovator, self-employed lawyer or writer, composer or artist, in addition to the relevant documents in 10A, you must provide the following documents:

Evidence specified in section 9A of this form

For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules.

******* extract from application form END ********

I have a combination of work permit (May 2006 till Mar 2009) and then Tier 1 (G) (Apr 2009 till date)

Not sure what additional documents are required as per section 10L to show that I met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules.

Query 2:

*********extract from application form START

10A All applicants

If you have a spouse or civil partner listed in section 2 of this application form who is applying at the same time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave (up to a maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the whole period and be in the form of official letters or documents, addressed to yourself and your spouse.

******* extract from application form END *********

What sort of documents should suffice as evidence for cohabitation?

Thanks

xyz123

Re: Queries on SET (O) Effective from 6th April 2011

Post by xyz123 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:15 am

rudransh wrote:Hi All,

Was going through the recent form SET (O) and came across few queries. Thought others might benefit as well from the replies so start this thread.

Query 1:

*******extract from application form START ********

Section 10 L (Page 35)

10L
Tier 1 (General) migrant If you are applying for indefinite leave to remain on completing 5 years’ continuous stay in the UK made up of leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant and leave as a highly skilled migrant, work permit holder, innovator, self-employed lawyer or writer, composer or artist, in addition to the relevant documents in 10A, you must provide the following documents:

Evidence specified in section 9A of this form

For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules.

******* extract from application form END ********

I have a combination of work permit (May 2006 till Mar 2009) and then Tier 1 (G) (Apr 2009 till date)

Not sure what additional documents are required as per section 10L to show that I met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules.

Query 2:

*********extract from application form START

10A All applicants

If you have a spouse or civil partner listed in section 2 of this application form who is applying at the same time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave (up to a maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the whole period and be in the form of official letters or documents, addressed to yourself and your spouse.

******* extract from application form END *********

What sort of documents should suffice as evidence for cohabitation?

Thanks
1- Your Tier 1 approval letter with points confirmation, your recent salary slips and P60 (or tax history from HMRC) for previous years plus a letter from employer (though not mandatory for Tier 1) would be enough

2- Bank statements, utlitiy bills, letters from hospital, letter, payslips for your dependant etc. These documents dont have to be in joint names they just need to be addressed to same address.

thunderera

Post by thunderera » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:23 am

Hi, I'm having same visa categories - WP plus T1 where I'll be applying under T1. I have only bank statements to show I have been working for the first 10 month where I changed employer under a new WP. Is it compulsory to provide P60 and previous employer letter? My first company is now closed down.

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:25 pm

thunderera wrote:Hi, I'm having same visa categories - WP plus T1 where I'll be applying under T1. I have only bank statements to show I have been working for the first 10 month where I changed employer under a new WP. Is it compulsory to provide P60 and previous employer letter? My first company is now closed down.
I suggest that you contact HMRC to request employment and tax history which should identify your employer and tax paid. Keep in mind that employment history takes longer to issue than tax history. Assuming that you have recent P60s available you could request employment history now and keep it in file for use.

fasihkhan
Newly Registered

Post by fasihkhan » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:34 pm

I have exactly same questions and wondering what to do? rudransh can you please help what did you do at the end? I will appreciate if anybody can help in this regard.