ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help with husbands Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Majida
Newly Registered

Need help with husbands Visa

Post by Majida » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:11 am

Hey

I am new to this message board and really need help with my visa application, so if there’s anyone out there who can answer my questions plz plz feel free to answer them…

So here’s the story…

Got engaged to my husband in Pakistan September 2003, came back to UK to continue with studies and he began to work as a doctor…

May 2005 he came to U.K to give his PLAB exam, and we had Nikkah done on May 31st 2005 (didn’t know at the time that law had changed regarding visitors getting married, therefore couldn’t register wedding under British law). As I was student and not in employment couldn’t go back to Pakistan at the time and he was still in process of giving his exam.

However, I have completed my studies now and I am in full time employment so I want to make the application.

I am confused regarding the bank statements; basically I started my first employment in January 2006 which is only 4 hours a week. The second employment started in April which is full time hours.

How many bank statements do I need, does it have to be 3-6 months or can it be less?

How much money do I need to have in the bank?

How long does it take for them to give you visa, if successful?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:59 am

What's your immigration status? Are you British, it's not clear from your post!

Steve

Majida
Newly Registered

Post by Majida » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:32 am

Yep sorry.. forgot to mention ... I am a British Citizen :D

Mars007

Post by Mars007 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:30 pm

You should have no problem with whatever number of statements as long it shows the money coming in is from emplyment and that the payslips and statements give an accurate money trail. All they looking for is whether you can support your spouse whilst here without having to rely on public funds.

Majida
Newly Registered

Post by Majida » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:02 pm

Ok thats fine then.. thank you so much for your reply :D