ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Should I be selling assets to help ILE application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

BondFamily

Should I be selling assets to help ILE application

Post by BondFamily » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:55 pm

I have a few "assets" as a bank would put it (a few flats, car, investments etc)

The Visa application is for my wife, she has almost all of these assets in her name so would it look bad on the application if it looks like we plan to keep hold of these assets or should we be suggesting in the application that if the application for ILE is accepted we plan on selling up everything here to help us with the move to UK.

My concern comes from the fact that it needs to look like we plan on living in the UK upon receiving the ILR, if we have a large amount of assets in Ukraine and no intentions of selling them, this could be a minus... right?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:14 am

The decision to grant visa will be decided on what you currently HAVE avaialble at time of application, not WHAT MIGHT be available to you in the future.

The ECO has to be satisfied at the time of making the decision that you will not resort to claiming public funds.Like I said they do not take into consideration what could happen or be availbe in the future.