ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW to TIER 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pswtotier2

PSW to TIER 2

Post by pswtotier2 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:49 pm

I am a PSW holder and worked for the same employer for the last 6 months. first 3 months probation period i paid at 20K now 24K. I checked code of practice that min rate for my post must be above 29K.

Does my salary have to be 29K before or after I apply?
Do I have to be on 29K salary for 6 months before I apply or shall I apply if i transition from 20K to 29K?

Is this job to be advertised even if I hold PSW and have been with this company for 6 months?

my current Visa will expire on June 2012, can I not apply before 3month of the visa expiration?

please guide me

Thanks.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Re: PSW to TIER 2

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:52 pm

pswtotier2 wrote:I am a PSW holder and worked for the same employer for the last 6 months. first 3 months probation period i paid at 20K now 24K. I checked code of practice that min rate for my post must be above 29K.

Does my salary have to be 29K before or after I apply?
29k is what employer must pay you when you start working on the job for which COS was(will be) issued.

Do I have to be on 29K salary for 6 months before I apply or shall I apply if i transition from 20K to 29K?
it doesnt matter what you are earning on psw

Is this job to be advertised even if I hold PSW and have been with this company for 6 months?
no RLMT required in your case

my current Visa will expire on June 2012, can I not apply before 3month of the visa expiration?
you can apply for tier 2 whenever you are READY to apply!

please guide me

Thanks.

ratapita

psw to Tier2

Post by ratapita » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:21 pm

just to add to what arsenal has said, you can apply to switch any time you want. The UKBA's own web guidance says that you should switch as soon as possible.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... poststudy/

But I was once told by a lawyer that UKBA would not usually consider a Visa application less than 6 months before the curent visa expires. When I tried to do this my HR also seemd to think so and just wouldn't listen. but the sad thing is verything went seriously wrong from there with the interim cap and so on and I just managed to get the CoS on the day before my visa expired and applied on the date the existing visa expired!

So you might want to do this in good time given the current climate, but you wouldn't want to lose too much from the pSW 2 years either , I should think.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:20 pm

But I was once told by a lawyer that UKBA would not usually consider a Visa application less than 6 months before the curent visa expires
categorically untrue statement especially for those switching from psw to tier 2!

you can switch to tier 2 ANYTIME you want, while on psw

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:08 am

There is still no cap on people who switch from PSW to Tier 2