ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TRAFFIC OFFENCE TS10 and new ILR rules on criminal convictio

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sensm

TRAFFIC OFFENCE TS10 and new ILR rules on criminal convictio

Post by sensm » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:12 pm

Dose this affect my ILR apllication which is due in dec 2011?

Please guide and any help in this regard be much appreciated?

if I pay all the fines does it help?

tulip4500

hi

Post by tulip4500 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:32 pm

i think u may want to discuss with a good lawyer.

genorp

Post by genorp » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:43 pm

Were you given a Fixed Penalty Notice or fined in court?

sensm

Post by sensm » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:49 pm

Thanks tulip and gen for replying

it happen today only, totally unintentional.
dont know what to do now? very upset with myself.

genorp

Post by genorp » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:27 pm

OK, but this is important, did you get a Fixed Penalty Notice or do you have to go to magistrate's court?

sensm

Post by sensm » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:13 am

Hi gen,

I don't know yet of penalty as I think I jumped the red light and might get penalty notice most probably Fixed penalty and points as traffic rules states (TS10)
I will pay Fixed penalty.dose that help.

request to all members Please help if you know latest rules regarding my case

genorp

Post by genorp » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:36 am

How do you know you got caught?

Did you get pulled over or was there a traffic light camera?

In any event, if you get an actual FPN then pay it. That doesn't count as a conviction. If you have to go to court and get fined, that is a conviction.

sensm

Post by sensm » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:47 am

i WAS NOT PULLED OVER, BUT AT AROUND 10AM,I WAS ADJUSTING SUNLIGHT FLAP AND IN THAT 1-2 SEC I REALISED I JUMPED TRAFFIC LIGHTS WITH CAMERA. NO ONE WAS CROSSING OR STANDING NEAR LIGHTS.
I WILL PAY MY FINE. IS THAT OK WITH NEW RULES FROM 6TH APRIL 2011 IN PLACE?
LOST MY SLEEP SINCE THEN.

MANY THANKS FOR REPLYING TO MY QUERIES

Please reply
AWAITING REPLY

nathanssn
Newly Registered

Post by nathanssn » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:32 am

I also jumped red light once and I got TS10 in my licence. So here is the 3 things I can tell you for peace of mind.

1. If you jump red light and get caught in a camera, you will receive a letter stating to accept that you are the driver and you need to post your licence to dvla to endorse a fixed penalty point. That will be 3 points and some 60 pounds fine. They will endorse in your licence counterpart paper and return. Failing to accept will lead you to court and you can defend, if they are wrong.

In which case if you accept in the first place you will only receive fixed penatly points according to the new guiadance for case workers, I read it is an exception for ILR.

Note: Not all the time you will be caught in camera, sometimes there wont be a camera at that point. So wait for your notice to arrive.

2. My story is bit different saying I have a intl licence at the time of offence and I can't send my licence to dvla. So I have to opt for a court proceeding. But when the court calls me it is nearly 6 months later from the date of offence and by the time I got my Brit licence. I went to court accepted and told the story they put me 3 fixed points and fine. So dont know what will happen if simply any court proceeding will be considered as criminal fingers crossed. If anybody have any suggestion or advice would be very useful.

3. I am completing my 5 yrs in june 2011. So will be looking for applying, if you are later than that.. I will share what happened, so that will be of some help for you.

Regards,

sensm

Post by sensm » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:52 pm

Hi Nathan,
Thanks for your reply and advice.
I wish all the best for ur application and positive result.
Please keep posting your feedback regarding your application, new updates or similar information.
Once again thanks for your time and feedback. Anyone wwith latest update on the topice,please share and post ur comments

Anyone else know more please post ur comme ts and suggestion

sensm

Post by sensm » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:33 pm

Hi All,

Amyone has latest updates on this topic

regards

genorp

Post by genorp » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:09 pm

There's nothing to update until all the facts are known.
At this point you don't know if you were actually caught and if so what you'll be given. Only then will you know what lies ahead. If it's a FPN, you pay it and it's not a conviction. If you have to go to court and are fined there, it is a conviction and won't be spent for 5 years.
You'll just have to wait to see if and what you get first.

sensm

Post by sensm » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:41 pm

Many Thanks Gen for reply.
regards