ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Just Got COA. Please Help.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stevenage

Just Got COA. Please Help.

Post by stevenage » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:25 pm

Heres My case.

Recieved COA today and My leave expiring on 30th of April.

Can I get an appointment to get marry within three weeks ?

As they say it require two weeks notice but it also say that it may take minimum 6 weeks.

Please guide me how to proceed ?

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:17 pm

Call your local registrar and find out.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:18 am

You're aware that the marriage won't extend your current visa or grant you legal status once the visa expires?
What nationality is your fiance?

stevenage

Post by stevenage » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:11 pm

I understand that after marriage I have to apply for FLRm. She is BC.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:33 pm

You'll have to submit the application for FLR(M) before your current visa expires.

stevenage

Post by stevenage » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:57 pm

I totally understand that I have apply for leave to remain as spouse of the BC. But I am afraid that I wont get wedding appointment. I called to my local council but they said it will take 4 weeks and by that time my leave may be expired. So anyone kindly tell me about some council where I can get wedding appointment three this time, because a friend of mine told me some councils take less time.

Regards,

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:46 pm

I'm not sure how lucky you are going to be in finding someone on here who happens to know all their councils waiting times - particularly ones that are nearby to you.

I wouldn't hold out hope you're going to get a reply that tells you the answer.

I would suggest you pick up a phone book tomorrow first thing and start ringing round. I'd suggest you make the earliest appointment you can with your local council first though so that you don't end a fruitless search to find the next appointment is now 6 weeks away!

Based on my local council - who have a nice brochure showing all this:

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/assets/conten ... ochure.pdf

They say you have to give 15 days notice, but that to do that requires an appointment, and to get married requires a further booking. So - let's assume you were able to give notice tomorrow - and get married on the 16th day - then you'd be married on the 12th.

I know, from recent experience, that they have (at that particular council) about a week lead time on appointments for things like notice, births etc - so that would push it to the 19th.

You have a further problem to keep in mind - the week of the 25th is a 3 day working week - with easter on one end and the royal wedding on the other. Bucks council do seem to do weddings on a bank holiday - but charge £300 for the privilege and I'd bet they are fully booked already - particularly the Friday!

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings - but I suggest you get your behind in gear tomorrow am and get the earliest appointments for everything you can.

M.

stevenage

Post by stevenage » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:57 pm

Many thanks MPH. I would start from tomorrow. I hope I ll get some date before that. Otherwise if I couldn't then I shall extend visa first as I am already accepted at university.

Thanks again for such valuable information.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:07 pm

If you have the extension option (and meet all the criteria - finance etc) - I'd suggest you do that and then take your time over the wedding.

M.

stevenage

Post by stevenage » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:08 pm

Yes I am accumulating my bank statement days at the moment, if the the new Tier 4 rules didn't affect me adversely, then I shall extend my visa first and then will marry in may or June somewhere.

Just need some information regarding language requirement for FLRM, I have honors degree from UK university, do I still need NARIC assessment

Regards.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:18 pm

stevenage wrote:Yes I am accumulating my bank statement days at the moment, if the the new Tier 4 rules didn't affect me adversely, then I shall extend my visa first and then will marry in may or June somewhere.

Just need some information regarding language requirement for FLRM, I have honors degree from UK university, do I still need NARIC assessment

Regards.
do you actually have an unconditional offer to study on a course?

stevenage

Post by stevenage » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:42 pm

Yes, and the University will provide me with CAS when I complete my Bank Statement. I shall pay the deposit required by the end of next week. My Bank statement will be 28 days on 18th of April.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:26 pm

Unless you have a Batchelor's Degree, you'll need to take the A1 test.

stevenage

Post by stevenage » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:25 am

update on the situation and need advise.

Unfortunately my father's bank statement run down from required maintenance for two days (who is supporting me financially) and now I cannot accumulate 28 days Bank Statement before 30th April. A friend of mine advised me a place where I can get a wedding appointment and send my application to get a wedding appointment, hopefully I ll get date by 28th April, but the worse thing is I have to leave on 30th April.

Just reading around the forum, everything ll be fine to apply for spouse visa but concerned about the finances:

1. Me and my partner working together for three and a half years (she is BC), she work full time and I work there part time.

2. She earns 1000 pounds after tax, her house rent is 485 and council tax is 85 pounds but she couldnt save money in her account and there would be no balance in her account.

3. As I was a student here my family send me money 2500 last week and by the end of this month I would have left with 1000 in my account.

4. My brother as he was supporting me financially throughout my stay in UK, can help me financially and can give me money around 3000 which I ll put in my account when I go back to my home country.

5. My father and my brother who are financially sound will be willing to act as a financial sponsor. Is this possible ?

Please comment. how should I handle this situation as I want to come back as soon possible to spend time with my partner.