ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Marriage certificate and Naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mrs Khan

Foreign Marriage certificate and Naturalization

Post by Mrs Khan » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:06 am

Hi
My marriage certificate is in Urdu, i have got an english translation of that but i need to know if i should attest that from solicitor or the home office would not have any problem with unattested translation.(for Joint naturalization app)

Please note that my original translated copy, attested by Ministry of foreign affair and laywer was never returned to me by British High Commission after i got intitial entry clearence under HSMP in 2006.

oscar22

Post by oscar22 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:02 am

Hi Mrs Khan,
Kindly get your English marriage certificate translated copy attested by 'Notary Public Solicitor' for you certificate to be accepted by Home Office. And remember not all ‘Solicitors’ are ‘Notary Public Solicitors’.

goody09

Post by goody09 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:04 pm

in my ILR application last year with my family, the HO requested my child birth certificate in order to reach decission, and I supplied them with the orginal birth certificate (not not english) together with transilatted copy fromany official transliation office

thanks a lot

Mrs Khan

Post by Mrs Khan » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:13 pm

Thank you for your helpful replies.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:29 am

oscar22, I totally disagree. That would be a very expensive route to follow, and totally unnecessary. There is absolutely no need to use a Notary Public.

Effectively UKBA in the UK accept any translation bearing a "Certified Translation" stamp. The important aspect is that the applicant supplies the original foreign language certificate and the certified translation into English. In other words give UKBA the ability to check the translation if they so wish.

Over the years my wife has done many translations of Thai certificates into English. And yes she has her "Certified Translation" stamp. Her customers have never encountered a problem with UKBA, nor indeed with any other UK body, such as the Child Benefit office.
John

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:34 pm

I agrre with John. Any qualified translator/interpreter can do it. Not all soliciors are qualified and approved translators. Costs around £30-£50.

Mrs Khan

Post by Mrs Khan » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:12 pm

Thanks John & B Khan.
its helpful to know that Only Certified translation would be enough. Though i can do the translation myself but to be on safe side, i have already send my Marr cert for translation to approved translator.

TahirMahmood
Newly Registered

Post by TahirMahmood » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:27 pm

Hi

I applied on 18th April with traslated Marriage deed (Nikanama). It was authenticated by notray public and the translator from Islambad. I think it is enough as on many previous occasion, it was accepted as a legal documents...Hope this helps

Mrs Khan

Post by Mrs Khan » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:45 am

Thank Tahir for your reply.
I also had my nikkah nama translated & attested by Notary Republic and then also by Ministry of Foreign affairs, my problem is this was not retured to me by BHC islamabad when i first applied for Entry Clearence.
I still have photocopy of that, however i am not sure if that would be enough for Home office.